[SOLVED] Is my motherboard bad?

aetherlis

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
I just built my new PC today and I turned it on only to find the DRAM LED on, it then proceeded to turn off and the CPU LED went on. It does this back and forth constantly until it turns itself off then reboots and starts the process all over again. I have check the RAM in a functioning computer and it works fine. Used a different power supply still same problem. Checked all the CPU pins and the CPU itself, nothing looked wrong. Rebooted it with several different configurations of RAM. Tried to install BIOS with USB. Reset CMOS battery. With all the other parts verified to be working do I need to replace my motherboard?

:
13700k i-7 Intel CPU
16x2 G.Skill Ripjaws V
MSI MAG Core Liquid P360 CPU Cooler
Gigabyte B660 DDR4 LGA 1700
500gb NVME SAMSUNG M.2 2280
Corsair RM1000e PSU
NO GPU ATM

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes I did, other power supply was not modular so I had to use those ones only
Good, many fail to account for this and end up damaging their systems.

When you assembled your system, did you verify that both the 8-pin and 24-pin power connectors were firmly attached to both the motherboard and PSU?

Also, when you installed the motherboard, did you have any extra stand-offs/mounting points that did not align with the holes in your motherboard?

aetherlis

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
When I plugged it in I made sure to hear the clicks and made sure they were in firmly.
All the standoffs were only in the 9 slots it needed. They were in tightly but not too tight.