[SOLVED] Is my system still relevant?

OVC

Mar 10, 2022
Hello All,

I built my own PC years ago and have fell out of the scene. I know at the time it was pretty damn good but I'm wondering if it is still relevant for the newest games coming out. Here is what I have: (I don't recall specific brands - sorry).

Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHZ
16 GB RAM (forgot what type)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (EVGA)
500GB SSD
MSI Z77A-GD65

My monitor is the oldest of my gear - LG wide screen IPS LED.

If my system is lacking, what should I upgrade first?

Thanks,
OVC

Solution
its not a bad build by anymeans. but yes it is out-dated. you are running ddr3 memory on that mainboard. everything else seems fine.

if you were to upgrade, id look into either the new 12th gen intel cpu's and a board and memory to support it, or the 5th gen ryzen. the video card should still hold up to a lot of current games.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
its not a bad build by anymeans. but yes it is out-dated. you are running ddr3 memory on that mainboard. everything else seems fine.

if you were to upgrade, id look into either the new 12th gen intel cpu's and a board and memory to support it, or the 5th gen ryzen. the video card should still hold up to a lot of current games.

Reactions: OVC
Solution

OVC

Mar 10, 2022

Thank you - I'll look into that. If I did another build I'd love a smaller case but with a 1070 I don't know how low I could go. Though if I do decide to get a new Motherboard, CPU, and memory maybe now is the time to change sizes.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Thank you - I'll look into that. If I did another build I'd love a smaller case but with a 1070 I don't know how low I could go. Though if I do decide to get a new Motherboard, CPU, and memory maybe now is the time to change sizes.
what is the brand and model of your 1070? also what would your budget be, and location?