CPU : FX-8350
GPU : GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5
MB : GigaByte 970A - DS3P
RAM : 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
HDD : 2 x 7200rpm 1 TB
SSD : Kingston 240GB
CASE : 5 x 120mm LED Fan
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212

So my question is I have already VS650 as my PSU. Do I need to change it? Will I be facing problems if I keep it?
( I am not worried about high power consumption )

Solution
It'll be ok. Nothing more. The majority of issues that come with that unit only really appear with more modern systems than with those using FX. The GPU may be a problem, but I doubt it'll be dangerous given the CPU. If you do plan on upgrading any of your parts to anything more recent, however, I highly suggest you get a unit with more modern internals that's known to be good, such as CX (although do be aware that model is on the budget side) at the very minimum.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is that PSU? Pertaining to your build, you shouldn't actually have that processor paired with that board. Apart from power consumption concerns, you should also be concerned about system reliability.

I would also advise against investing money on that platform.

Elisis

Commendable
Nov 14, 2019
It'll be ok. Nothing more. The majority of issues that come with that unit only really appear with more modern systems than with those using FX. The GPU may be a problem, but I doubt it'll be dangerous given the CPU. If you do plan on upgrading any of your parts to anything more recent, however, I highly suggest you get a unit with more modern internals that's known to be good, such as CX (although do be aware that model is on the budget side) at the very minimum.

Solution
Mar 5, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is that PSU? Pertaining to your build, you shouldn't actually have that processor paired with that board. Apart from power consumption concerns, you should also be concerned about system reliability.

I would also advise against investing money on that platform.

What kind of reliability issues are you talking about? That board support AM3 sockets. The PSU is 3 years old.