[SOLVED] is rtx 2060 worth spending extra bucks than buying a gtx 1660ti

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
i am building my first gaming pc. i am under budget and very confused about which gpu to buy. i had my eyes on the gigabyte gtx 1660ti for a while but recently i saw a good deal for zotac rtx 2060. this is the cheapest rtx 2060 i could find. the two gpu have a price difference of 60usd. which one should i buy?

Solution
Get the 2060S rather than normal 2060 or 1660. RTX or ray tracing in general is the future. AMD says they will incorporate ray tracing on their next chip, PS5 will have hardware ray tracing, and so far, devs are loving ray tracing because it saved them some work of manually configuring the lighting. For now, very little game release with ray tracing because there's so little consumer base that have RTX cards. but all of that will change once AMD embrace ray tracing, and console games support it. So yeah, for future proofing, get RTX 2060 Super. but if you're planning to change GPU next year, then 1660ti will serve you just fine.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
i am building my first gaming pc. i am under budget and very confused about which gpu to buy. i had my eyes on the gigabyte gtx 1660ti for a while but recently i saw a good deal for zotac rtx 2060. this is the cheapest rtx 2060 i could find. the two gpu have a price difference of 60usd. which one should i buy?
Rtx 2060 in global speaking have +30FPS then GTX 1660ti. If you want great performance go on rtx 2060 super.
But in your choice go on rtx 2060 gaming z or something else.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
Rtx 2060 in global speaking have +30FPS then GTX 1660ti. If you want great performance go on rtx 2060 super.
But in your choice go on rtx 2060 gaming z or something else.

Isn't it important to buy gpu from a renowned brand? If i could find a asus or gigabyte rtx 2060 at this price then it would be a no brainer. I'm not so sure about this zotac brand.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Isn't it important to buy gpu from a renowned brand? If i could find a asus or gigabyte rtx 2060 at this price then it would be a no brainer. I'm not so sure about this zotac brand.
No, but for future is great choic.
You can pick brend what ever you want for rtx 2060, all is great and same performance. I have msi rtx 2060 gaming z.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
I actually prefer them for smaller MATX/ITX builds as there one of the few manufacturers that put dual fans on a SFF card.
Mate ofc., i prefer too with dual fans and good performance, mean memory clock, gpu apeed, bendwith etc.
I am not fun of one brend, i like one which one is click me.

WildCard999

Titan
Mate ofc., i prefer too with dual fans and good performance, mean memory clock, gpu apeed, bendwith etc.
I am not fun of one brend, i like one which one is click me.

Most will perform fairly close, within a few FPS although some have better cooling which could account for a higher overclock but that's maybe a few more FPS if that.

If that $60 could be better spent on something else like more games and if the 1660 ti is plenty for your current games & resolution then go for it.

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
Most will perform fairly close, within a few FPS although some have better cooling which could account for a higher overclock but that's maybe a few more FPS if that.

If that $60 could be better spent on something else like more games and if the 1660 ti is plenty for your current games & resolution then go for it.
I want to future proof my bulid as much as i can. So i don't mind spending the extra 60 bucks now.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019

This is not for me, i have msi rtx 2060 gaming z.
But question is, what is smart for buying gtx 1660ti or rtx 2060. My options for this is rtx. Is better card, realy not in phisycal theory, yes.

WildCard999

Titan
Around 3% this is minimal bottleneck.

Let me guess....via some bottleneck calculator site?

I'd avoid those like the plague as they don't account for the game nor resolution which can have a massive impact on potential bottlenecks.

The only true way to figure it out is to manually test.
https://davescomputertips.com/how-to-determine-gpu-vs-cpu-bottlenecks-and-possible-solutions/

Even at 1080P on the most CPU intensive game it might hold it back slightly but an easy fix is to overclock the CPU.

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
just get an rx5700, i have one and it gets the same amount of frames as my friend who has a 2070 super

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Let me guess....via some bottleneck calculator site?

I'd avoid those like the plague as they don't account for the game nor resolution which can have a massive impact on potential bottlenecks.

The only true way to figure it out is to manually test.
https://davescomputertips.com/how-to-determine-gpu-vs-cpu-bottlenecks-and-possible-solutions/

Even at 1080P on the most CPU intensive game it might hold it back slightly but an easy fix is to overclock the CPU.
No dude, benchmark in my pc service, yes online review.. YT, profy communty site in company end etc. But if you wont online web watch pc-build.com

No hearth feelings.