[SOLVED] Is Ryzen 3 3200g compatible with A320M pro m2-v2?

Jan 16, 2020
Hey guys.

Recently i bought a new RAM/CPU/MOBO

Ryzen 3 3200g

HyperX Fury 8gb ddr4 3200mhz cl16

MSI A320M PRO V2-M2

(The GPU remain the same, MSI Radeon RX 570 GAMING 4GB OC)

After I put everything together, everything started running up as it should be(based on sounds) and i kept getting black screen with NO SIGNAL and the EZ DEBUG LED was lit (CPU)
The things I've done so far, Cleaning the tips of the cables, taking the cpu in and out, switching the little battery, switching the ram in slots, taking the ram out/taking the gpu out.
I also kept getting the CPU light even after i removed it with everything else so it might be a faulty Mobo? who knows, i cleary dont:s

It worth mention that the box says it only supports Ryzen 1st&2nd gen, and on the MSI website it says it should be good to go(https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A320M-PRO-M2-V2#down-bios )

I couldn't find anything helpfull on the internet about this issue so far, but i've found benchmark videos using the exact mobo with a ryzen 3 2200g/3200g so its another point that it should be compatible.

Thanks in advance for the replys!:)

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
BIOS problem. Unupdated bios I mean. You need to make sure that the board you're buying is already compatible with Ryzen 3000 series. Even the b450 needs to be updated so the inferior a320 will surely receive similar issue.

Jan 16, 2020
Thanks for the quick reply guys!

Is it possible to update it by myself with a usb or something?
Sadly the other stuffs avaible are fx series and am3+ socket stuffs so they wont really make up the work with that.
Or just take it into a local Computer service and let him do it with a gen 1/2 ryzen?