fafaxamando

Prominent
Jul 14, 2021
Hi tomshardware community, happy to be here.

i want to buy a pc with that config and I wanna know if it can use it for multitasking like adobe premier 2021 and photoshop and google and word at the same time.

the config:

R 5 2600
GXT 1650 SUPER
16 RAM
500 HDD
250 SSD
550W PSU.

thank you.

Solution
thank you so much for your answer, if i upgrade to ryzen 5 3600, that is gonna make a difference? I mean a Noticeable difference, thanks!
Probably not. While it's certainly an improvement only pushing up to a 5600X would make a significant difference at 6 cores (except in gaming). An 8 core CPU (2700X or especially 3700X) might make a Noticeable difference especially in Premier.... and if you're really crazy about holding open a number of websites in Chrome tabs. I knew going for a 3700X was really a bit of over-kill when I did it but I like how it keeps Windows a smooth experience when I have a lot of Firefox tabs open and that's with "only" 16Gb memory.

And of course, if your working configuration entails keeping all those...
Hi tomshardware community, happy to be here.

i want to buy a pc with that config and I wanna know if it can use it for multitasking like adobe premier 2021 and photoshop and google and word at the same time.

the config:

R 5 2600
GXT 1650 SUPER
16 RAM
500 HDD
250 SSD
550W PSU.

thank you.
It probably depends on what you're doing...and what you consider 'well enough'. I think editing in Premier is known to like more CPU cores but it will work. Word's a non-problem for modern systems. Google (Chrome browser?) will only present issues with a lot of tabs open, when it's the active window. Photoshop won't be much of a problem except when applying certain filters or effects.

With all that active at the same time what will be most important is to make sure you give it enough fast memory.

Last edited:

fafaxamando

Prominent
Jul 14, 2021
It probably depends on what you're doing...and what you consider 'well enough'. I think editing in Premier is known to like more CPU cores but it will work. Word's a non-problem for modern systems. Google (Chrome browser?) will only present issues with a lot of tabs open, when it's the active window. Photoshop won't be much of a problem except when applying certain filters or effects.

With all that active at the same time what will be most important is to make sure you give it enough fast memory.
thank you so much for your answer, if i upgrade to ryzen 5 3600, that is gonna make a difference? I mean a Noticeable difference, thanks!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Aside from one program, much of what you talk about is only going to tie up memory.

A 2600 is a decent CPU. The 3xxx series are faster and more efficient, so worth consideration according to cost(s). Most of the difference you would feel is going to be time. Longer with the "lesser" CPU, but either would get the job done.

In a case like this I would think that if I had the 2600 and 32GB of RAM would be preferable over 16 and a 3600 with all that open at the same time.

Probably not. While it's certainly an improvement only pushing up to a 5600X would make a significant difference at 6 cores (except in gaming). An 8 core CPU (2700X or especially 3700X) might make a Noticeable difference especially in Premier.... and if you're really crazy about holding open a number of websites in Chrome tabs. I knew going for a 3700X was really a bit of over-kill when I did it but I like how it keeps Windows a smooth experience when I have a lot of Firefox tabs open and that's with "only" 16Gb memory.

And of course, if your working configuration entails keeping all those apps open concurrently then 32Gb of memory should be in the picture no matter what processor you choose. And try hard to keep it two sticks. But don't get over 3200 speed since that's anything over 2933 is overclocking with Ryzen 2000 and so not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Solution

fafaxamando

Prominent
Jul 14, 2021

But again: what motherboard are you doing this in? have you chosen one yet?
Yes it's the A320 SH2