Question is ssd hard drive faster

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
im gonna buy an ssd hard drive to speed up some games loading speed and fps in general, but i wonder does the ssd hard drive need to be the OP system to run games faster? or can i just put it as a secondary hard drive and put a game in there and it will run faster? the question is, will both methods still have the same result?

Solution
im gonna buy an ssd hard drive to speed up some games loading speed and fps in general, but i wonder does the ssd hard drive need to be the OP system to run games faster? or can i just put it as a secondary hard drive and put a game in there and it will run faster? the question is, will both methods still have the same result?
"SSD Hard drive" I do not know if you mean SSD or SSHD. Send a link of the product you're referring to. If you put in a game in the SSD and the OS is elsewhere it won't really matter. Game will function at SSD speed
"SSD Hard drive" I do not know if you mean SSD or SSHD. Send a link of the product you're referring to. If you put in a game in the SSD and the OS is elsewhere it won't really matter. Game will function at SSD speed

Solution

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
@Ibraimo
you should definitely install your OS on ssd to make everything run 10~20 times faster. It's not necessary, but having a SSD and not running the OS from it, you won't be doing that.
My SSD runs 10 times faster on my laptop and when I use the same ssd on my desktop, it's 20 times faster than my laptop hdd. reason is mobo chipsets.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
yes thats exacly what i meant, and im going to a store and see my options but yeah thanks for info

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
@Ibraimo
you should definitely install your OS on ssd to make everything run 10~20 times faster. It's not necessary, but having a SSD and not running the OS from it, you won't be doing that.
My SSD runs 10 times faster on my laptop and when I use the same ssd on my desktop, it's 20 times faster than my laptop hdd. reason is mobo chipsets.
thank you for good info really needed it