Question Is the ALC269 a bad onboard audio?

The_Tiger_RD

Prominent
May 22, 2019
Ok so here's the thing. I'm looking for a new set of headsets that by not breaking the bank, still offer quite good sound quality. Thing is, I've decided for the Coolermaster MH752s (Rebrand and sligth upgrade of the TakStar's Pro 82s) (If you got any other recommendation I'll gladly check them out). What I wanted to know is: The Coolermaster MH75x, come in 2 versions. The MH751s and MH752s. They are the same headset with the difference that the MH752's bring one of these usb connectors that give you surround sound and all that. For surround sound, I don't really care as it is virtual, but for the USB "Sound amp" or however you wanna call it, that's the interesting part (I also know this grants you software support for EQ, so that's another bonus). So, do you guys think my onboard audio (ALC269) would be better, similar, or worse to drive these? I listen to music a lot, and game.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Well, when you mention an ALC269, I'm automatically thinking that you're working off a laptop. Am I right to assume such? If so, what is your laptop's make and model/SKU? What sort of a budget are you working with for a headset? Location and your preferred site for purchase?

The_Tiger_RD

Prominent
May 22, 2019
Well, when you mention an ALC269, I'm automatically thinking that you're working off a laptop. Am I right to assume such? If so, what is your laptop's make and model/SKU? What sort of a budget are you working with for a headset? Location and your preferred site for purchase?
Ok. I know this is a VERY VERY late reply (Sorry), I don't even think you will reply, but, here I go anyways: It's actually a desktop. It's a Dell Optiplex 7010. I know that's the Chipset because on the technical guidebook of the motherboard, Its details it. It's a Realtek ALC269Q to be exact. I'm guessing It's a sort of port from the laptop version? (I was reading online and all I got was Laptops). Oh, yeah, and the budget for the headset is <100$, but the lower the better. I have researched and looked at almost every page, basically all of the videos on headset reviews and all of that, so I'm kinda informed, but It would be nice to hear your recommendations. I'm planning on buying it on any major retail store on New York City, (Best buy and stuff like that), It has to be ""trustable"" to a certain point, but I wouldn't mind picking it up from a local store. All I want to now, is If the amp or USB dongle that it brings would be better, or worse than my ALC269Q. If I don't get a reply (Which I don't expect judging from my almost full month to reply) (Sorry again), I'll just get the MH752, Try the dongle out, If better great, If not, I'll try to get a Y splitter and use the dongle for my crappy old laptop. (It may seem stupid, since this is an easy solution, but I just wanna know what's best for me, If you have any recommendations on other headset let me know) (I could also do with a headphone and a MIC, but It's just simpler to use a headset)

Lutfij

Titan
Given that you're working with an OptiPlex, I'd go through the age of the PSU and the form factor of your chassis/prebuilt system to see if you can drop in an add-on discrete soundcard. Which form factor are you on? DT/MT/SFF? The soundcard you have will get the job done, just don't expect amazing audio quality from it.

On the note about the headsets, the 752 is USB driven, meaning there's absolutely no audio processing done via the soundcard(USB port/chipset will do this task) whereas the 751 is analog, which will rely on the onboard soundcard and the analog connectors.

The_Tiger_RD

Prominent
May 22, 2019
Given that you're working with an OptiPlex, I'd go through the age of the PSU and the form factor of your chassis/prebuilt system to see if you can drop in an add-on discrete soundcard. Which form factor are you on? DT/MT/SFF? The soundcard you have will get the job done, just don't expect amazing audio quality from it.

On the note about the headsets, the 752 is USB driven, meaning there's absolutely no audio processing done via the soundcard(USB port/chipset will do this task) whereas the 751 is analog, which will rely on the onboard soundcard and the analog connectors.
Exactly, I was wondering since the only difference is the usb, which one to pick. I have the MT version, although I have no space at all on rhe PCIe lanes. I'll just pick up the MH752, and in the worst of the scenarios that the USB sound thing is trash, I'll just keep it whatever, thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS