Question Is the MSI rtx 2060 ventus oc pcb same as Zotac amp

Mar 3, 2019
I wanted to know whether the pcb od msi ventus oc xs the same as zotac amp edition. I ask this because i was trying to oc the msi ventus but it had a power limit of 100%. I then flashed it with the msi gaming z bios and now i can get it to 105%. I think the zotac amp edition has a power limit higher than these two ?
And if their pcb are same can i flash the zotac bios on my msi ventus like i flashed the msi gaming z on the ventus as they have same pcb
thanks

mjbn1977

Distinguished
well, this is rather complex. But the board manufacturers decide how much power the give your card from the get go. It is possible that a card with a power limit of 100% has more power than another 3rd party card with power limit 110%. You can't compare power limits. you need to compare how much power is the power limit at 100% for a specific card.

Mar 3, 2019
well, this is rather complex. But the board manufacturers decide how much power the give your card from the get go. It is possible that a card with a power limit of 100% has more power than another 3rd party card with power limit 110%. You can't compare power limits. you need to compare how much power is the power limit at 100% for a specific card.
I see so basically what you mean is a PL of 105% for msi could mean a PL of 115% for a zotac card
did i get this right ?

also currently my card auto boosts to 1980mhz on core and have set 8000mhz on memory. are these good for rtx 2060 ?

Mar 3, 2019
Yes it caps out at 72C with constant fan speed of 60% 2140 rpm. I tried a fixed core clock of 2050 and memory at 8000mhz. Was stable in all my GPU bench results but many games crashed or were unstable so toned down to the stock boost with 7900mhz and it's been stable ever since.
And thanks for the clarification 🙂