[SOLVED] Is there a closed back equivalent of the Sennheiser hd 660s ?

frogpuppy

Commendable
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,

So I have a sennheiser hd 660s headphone and I just can't be happier with it. Super comfortable and the sound is amazing.
But as you know it's an openback headphone which works well for me most of the times but sometimes I feel like I need a closed back headphone.
I have a DT770 pro but it's just not in the same level for me.

Is there any hd660s closed back equivalent. Any suggestion?

Solution
D
The discontinued Focal Elegia or new Focal Celestee. The Mr Speakers / Dan Clark Aeon Closed or the Massdrop x Mr Speakers Ether CX. The Massdrop x Beyerdynamic DT177X Go. You could find a used Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00. To my ears the Ebony is one of the best closed back headphones under $1000. The Mahogany is also very good. I had both and sold the Mahogany but I have a friend that had both and sold the Ebony. They aren't being made right now though so you're stuck with the used market.

Moving up in price anything from ZMF.
D

Deleted member 217926

The discontinued Focal Elegia or new Focal Celestee. The Mr Speakers / Dan Clark Aeon Closed or the Massdrop x Mr Speakers Ether CX. The Massdrop x Beyerdynamic DT177X Go. You could find a used Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00. To my ears the Ebony is one of the best closed back headphones under $1000. The Mahogany is also very good. I had both and sold the Mahogany but I have a friend that had both and sold the Ebony. They aren't being made right now though so you're stuck with the used market.

Moving up in price anything from ZMF.

Solution