Is There any Reason too own a PS4 and Xbox One Anymore?

KingZombie

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
I own a PS4 and Xbox One. got the X1 for free, can't really complain there. for the PS4 i got it for its original price $400. As i started too get into PC Gaming, things kind of changed. Now I just feel consoles have no point now. While there are plenty of games for the PS4 i am looking forward too. I should of waited, i felt until the price came down instead of buying it in 2013.

I looked around and say the Amazon Fire TV Gaming Edition (of course the Fire TV wasn't out in 2013) or the Nvidia Shield Pro wasn't out either.

The Nvidia Shield Pro pretty had the multiplatform games both the Xbox one and PS4 had, and the Amazon Fire TV Gaming Edition had some games like shovel knight, star wars knights of the old republic, goat simulator, etc.

So i been thinking, there really isn't much for the PS4 and Xbox One. I mean why don't PS4 and Xbox one Guys, go for one of the other two instead? I know the PS4 and Xbox one got some exclusives, but i don't think a few games is worth $400 $500 well now there down to $350 but still if i had too buy a PS4 or Xbox one at $350 knowing what i know now. I wouldn't do it. I would wait for the PS4 drops too $200 or $250 at the max, and for Xbox one i probably wouldn't have gotten it at all.

Just sharing my thoughts, i just don't think PS4 and Xbox one are really worth the $350 price tag. When you could build yourself a PC with a dual core processor, 750 ti 8gb of ran and play games better then they are on consoles then i don't see the point. I think Nvidia Shield Pro and Amazon Fire TV Gaming Edition would be a much better investment in a console if i was still primarily a console gamer. or even a SteamBox if i was still a console gamer.

Ever since i became a PC gamer, my consumer smarts sort of increased. Whenever i saw a PS4 or Xbox one i thought "Wow so many games" now i see them and i am like all "wow where are the games i see a few more on PS4's side than the xbox one but not much" at least in my opinion.

if anyone else has anything too say like agree or disagree or whatever feel free too, i just felt like venting out my frustration on console gaming and how it has fallen this generation.

Console gaming is not really same as PC gaming, different controllers, very often different games, cost for a console is about half of that of a starter gaming PC. A lot of people also just like to not deal with other things surrounding a PC, patches, crashes in Windows, or just not knowing how to use a computer or what to buy.

KingZombie

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016

1) consoles has patches too
2) consoles crash too and even hardware failures for that matter because guess what its technology made humans so of course its going too have imperfect design flaws.
3) i seriously doubt its that hard too use a computer unless you are in your elderly ages even in that case I'm pretty sure someone who is elderly can manage basic movements like typing and moving there mouse.

True to all, but you are going by how easy it is to use a computer from how you know to use one, once you work with some people or even read some of the questions on the forums you will see not everyone even knows how to download a file properly or find where the real Adobe Flash is vs the many virus "Flash" setups.

Same thing for patches and crashes, PCs have a ton of more issues than consoles because there are just so many variations of hardware and software. A console system is what it is when you buy it and stays that way. Game makers and hardware vendors for accessories have a known quantity they write for.

There are also not nearly as many updates needed for a console as for a PC. Consoles is almost like getting a MAC computer, it's very controlled, which makes it easier to work with.

KingZombie

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016

1) "not everyone even knows how to download a file properly or find where the real Adobe Flash"

2) files download themselves, all you have too do is click download and then go through the terms of services and make sure your not agreeing too anything else like Adware or whatever.

3) all you have to do is go to google look up "Adobe Flash" and it should be the top result. just be sure you simply uncheck "install mcafee plus" https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and there it is.

literally not that hard too download files or find where the real flash site is if you are in your 40s and probably 50s and under.

"because there are so many variations of hardware and software"

how is that a negative? That is a positive if anything, it means we have options. Which consoles don't have options like that.

Also you don't need too patch your system, simply turn off windows update and update whenever you feel like updating on your own time. And you can still use the internet on PC, on consoles they'll block you from being able too connect online if you don't download/install the latest update.

Yes thank you for explaining how to download to me LOL but the issue is not people like me, it's those that only know how to go to Facebook and check email after someone sets it up for them. I work in IS as a profession and do a ton of work on the side for friends, it is NOT a no-brainer finding the right download or not clicking on some fake ad and getting spyware or a virus installed, it takes a bit of knowledge to see what is a real link and what is not, or what web site is real and what is not when many web pages have giant "DOWNLOAD NOW" buttons that are not for the item you are looking for. For many people that internet is some scary place and many don't even know that you can type in an address directly into a browser, they do everything through a Google or Yahoo or some other search.

I never said having many hardware choices is a negative but it is a reason why a console is more stable and easier to work with. You asked why pick a console over a computer, I gave the reasons.

You can find hundreds of posts like this all over the place with the same arguments for one side or the other. I don't even use a console yet I know exactly what the reasoning are behind getting one over a PC LOL

Like the MAC vs PC debates. Every so often someone starts a new thread on the topic here or in another forum and the same replies come up, with the same replies back.