Is this a good board for i5 3570k?

Solution
I think it's a fine board, I wouldn't have any reservations about overclocking on it. Here's what I have come to do when looking for a new motherboard (this is just my personal system). Once I have isolated my choice down to my most preferred board, I download the manual and then read it, I figure I'm going to have to read it anyway. If I start seeing things that don't seem to make sense to me in it (it has happened) or don't seem to fit my needs or is seemingly too tricky (think RAID setups), I may reassess the board. Take a gander at the manual here http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4192#manual see if everything you want from the board is clear to you - it may be the deciding factor
Happy reading, enjoy
Edit: the...
I think it's a fine board, I wouldn't have any reservations about overclocking on it. Here's what I have come to do when looking for a new motherboard (this is just my personal system). Once I have isolated my choice down to my most preferred board, I download the manual and then read it, I figure I'm going to have to read it anyway. If I start seeing things that don't seem to make sense to me in it (it has happened) or don't seem to fit my needs or is seemingly too tricky (think RAID setups), I may reassess the board. Take a gander at the manual here http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4192#manual see if everything you want from the board is clear to you - it may be the deciding factor
Happy reading, enjoy
Edit: the link is to the version 1.0 board, there is also a version 1.1 of the board

Solution

eliu1234

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Why is it not good for over clocking?

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005

"I think it's a fine board, I wouldn't have any reservations about overclocking on it."

You read it backwards. This board will overclock just fine.

Future uses?
This system will be useful for quite some time.
If you are asking about future upgrades, then that's different.
The next generation of Intel cpus will use a different socket, which will require a new motherboard.

Newf.

eliu1234

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

By next generation, do you mean i7 or like "i8/i9"...?

eliu1234

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Is there any board that is suitable for next generation though?

eliu1234

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Thanks for the reply. It seems it is a good enough board for over clocking. I will definitely buy it today or tmr. :D :D

circumventor

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Well hang on a second. If you are upgrading to a new motherboard because you want PCI 3 or something then it wouldn't be worth it. Depending on whether you already own the 3570k you might want to just hold on to the current board you have, and wait for haswell if you want to upgrade later. If you plan on keeping that setup for a long time then you might want to invest in a better board for some more features.

But, to answer your original question: That motherboard only supports 1x full bandwidth pci 3 slot so if you plan on adding another card later that wouldn't be good. Also its only certified for crossfire so it might not work as well with another nvidia card if thats what you are running. Of course thats only if you plan to add another card at all. If you just want a single card and to overclock your 3570k that board should be fine for what its worth.

If you live in the US I recommend ordering from Amazon because they ship for cheap.