Question Is this GPU good for video editing and gaming? 'PNY GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB Single Fan'

Jun 4, 2022
My old GPU died, and I'm in urgent need of a new GPU. My GPU fan still spinning but gives no signal to my monitor. I tried everything that I can find online to fix this issue but can't seem to fix this issue so I took it to a pc service store to get it fixed they too couldn't figure it out. They later told me that my GPU died and needed a new GPU.
I edit videos as a full-time job and play games occasionally, I need GPU on a budget to get back to work asap. Is this GPU worth it? Are there any flaws in this gpu? Please let me know?
P.S, I live in a third world country so this is the only GPU I can afford atm

notsohumblegod

Commendable
May 21, 2021
If you're pretty good at choosing used component, i prefer to get something like GTX 980 Ti, i just watch a comparison 1660 super against 980 ti saved almost 40 min 1080p rendering, and since your 1660s pick is a single fan, i think it will generate more heat than dual-fan type on heavy rendering. gaming wise 980 ti is more superior than 1660s.

But if you feeling sketchy choosing good used component, RTX 2060/RX 5600 XT is a good alternative (i live in third world country too, the price different are like 10-15 USD)
Overall if you're on a very tight budget, 1660 super is fine. (watchout for CPU bottleneck, since you're not giving us detail of your old system specs)

I advice to look at your old PSU capacity before buying brand new GPU, you can look on the official manufacturer website what is the recommended wattage your new GPU needs.

Last edited: