Question Is this overclock good?

Thanks. But what if my overclock did not go well? Will my components burn/short out, or my pc will go to fail safe defaults
Just make sure temperatures are not too high and voltages are within reason. Nobody can tel you exact values as every single unit/CPU are different. First clues for failing OC would be instability in OS and SW, eventual shut downs etc. That's most apparent under full load that benchmarks provide. When overclocking, usual procedure is taking small steps and checking stability and results in between.
As you can see, CPU frequency = FSB (CPU Host clock) x Multiplier, you can change either one. Multiplier is larger step and FSB can be adjusted in smaller steps. If you adjust FSB higher it will also change PCI and Memory clocks so make sure they stay at derfaults.

LuKaWin10

Great
May 6, 2024
Just make sure temperatures are not too high and voltages are within reason. Nobody can tel you exact values as every single unit/CPU are different. First clues for failing OC would be instability in OS and SW, eventual shut downs etc. That's most apparent under full load that benchmarks provide. When overclocking, usual procedure is taking small steps and checking stability and results in between.
As you can see, CPU frequency = FSB (CPU Host clock) x Multiplier, you can change either one. Multiplier is larger step and FSB can be adjusted in smaller steps. If you adjust FSB higher it will also change PCI and Memory clocks so make sure they stay at derfaults.
Okay. I will now save and exist, settings are the same. I hope my PC does not get smoked🙏

Reactions: CountMike

LuKaWin10

Great
May 6, 2024
But, 1 question. Can I overclock my RAM from 667 to 800 MHz if i give it +0.2V and make my Q9550 a stable 3.4 GHz if I add +0.1V to my CPU too?