Question Is this Pendrive recover able or already dead?

Jan 25, 2021
Pendrive Model: Adata UV128 32GB USB 3.0

Using since: 19 May 2015

Pendrive all files is okay (sadly don't have backup, I was using this thing as my external drive), But:

4 conditions :

1) Pendrive is connected (notification sound also, but no notification), icon bar is showing that pendrive connected, but missing from the Windows 10 This Computer & disk management.

2) Not showing pendrive level name, showing USB drive & no media. Notification sound+but no notification
Never ever used this pendrive as bootable device for windows install.

3) Sometimes so rarely pendrive successfully connected & working fine (I always wait for this luck to back up my data), but just for a limited time then disconnect.

Pendrive.png

NotExist.png
4) After disconnect or freshly inserted Pendrive only showing my original level name, but it's on full size & unallocated showing.

Noted that: Even any third party software unable to detect pendrive!
There's no loose contact between pendrive usb & pc motheboard usb or casing front usb.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
first of all: A pendrive is never ment to store important data without backup! The fact alone, that a pendrive might loose it's data after a longer time of not using it is quite dangerous.
Additionally the data cannot be so easily be restored as with hard disks.

Try opening the commandline (cmd)
https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-to-open-the-command-prompt-in-windows-10/

then use diskpart in the cmd to try to see the disk there. If you are unsure or got stuck, better close commandline. And do not format your thumb drive if you get asked to.this will eraze all data.

Jan 25, 2021
Try opening the commandline (cmd)
https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-to-open-the-command-prompt-in-windows-10/

then use diskpart in the cmd to try to see the disk there. If you are unsure or got stuck, better close commandline. And do not format your thumb drive if you get asked to.this will eraze all data.

Herr B I already this too so many times before you comment here & it's there, but same as This Computer/My Computer.....USB Drive & No Media, 0 bytes.

There's your first, and probably last, mistake.
With this drive, anyway.

USAFRet Your meme picture also saying so....I don't have disk space on HDD, never thought backup on Google Drive, I thought it's unnecessary.

The fact that the flash drive identifies as a "SM3267AB MEMORY BAR" means the flash controller (Silicon Motion SM3267AB) has gone "stupid". That is, the drive has some kind of firmware corruption, probably due to bad NAND flash.

fzabkar & Herr B, Someone told that, " Believed me, my dead pendrived fixed with this method" according to his instruction I have to find my pendrive Firmware. But I'm not found it yet, don't know where should look into, don't know which software does the firmware flash job for the USB Drive.

I know, (sadly) pendrive maybe working again, but all data will be erased.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
As for the thumb drive, I cannot give you recommendation to flash your usb drives firmware if your data is important to you.

I don't have experience with this and you might screw up. I bricked some devices with custom firmware flashes after all. But maybe s1 here is more elaborate.

But just as a heads up, I have no clue, why you partitioned 1 disk into 6 Partitions. There is a thing called folder in windows.
Partitioning might seriously affect your hard drive performance. In addition to that, if the said drive is an SSD it might drastically reduce its lifespan.

And third point to that: Your disk space is nearly 100% utilized. You might run into issues very quickly here. A harddrive should normally have at least 20% of free space to function properly. I hope you at least have a backup of this data or that this data is not important to you as well hence you need no backup.

Seems like best recipy to have a desaster on its way. All ingredients included and first warning signs (failed thumbdrive) already appearing.

Jan 25, 2021
As for the thumb drive, I cannot give you recommendation to flash your usb drives firmware if your data is important to you.

I don't have experience with this, and you might screw up. I bricked some devices with custom firmware flashes after all. But maybe s1 here is more elaborate.

But just as a heads-up, I have no clue, why you partitioned 1 disk into 6 Partitions. There is a thing called folder in windows.
Partitioning might seriously affect your hard drive performance. In addition to that, if the said drive is an SSD it might drastically reduce its lifespan.

And third point to that: Your disk space is nearly 100% utilized. You might run into issues very quickly here. A harddrive should normally have at least 20% of free space to function properly. I hope you at least have a backup of this data or that this data is not important to you as well hence you need no backup.

Seems like the best recipe to have a disaster on its way. All ingredients included and first warning signs (failed thumbdrive) already appearing.

Herr B, Neither I don't have experience like you, I might screw up, complex methods for me.

320GB Samsung Hard Disk running since 2010 with these 6 partitions as always. Hdsentinel showing that 94% excellent health & 2 bad sectors.

Also, doing torrent seeding.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Appears to me as if you are stuck to option 3 and four

3) Sometimes so rarely pendrive successfully connected & working fine (I always wait for this luck to back up my data), but just for a limited time then disconnect.

4) pray that your pendrive makes it to get the data downloaded and backed up.

Jan 25, 2021
Appears to me as if you are stuck to option 3 and four

4) pray that your pendrive makes it to get the data downloaded and backed up.

Now always stuck to point number 2 USB Drive No media.