[SOLVED] Is this PSU okay with desired build?

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hello guys im planning on, to build a system with this CPU, MOBO and the GPU -

MOBO : Asus Prime B450 - PLUS
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
GPU: RX580 Nitro + (8GB)

My question here is will this PSU i have from my old PC which is Antec High Current Gamer 620W be good with the Ryzen 5 and the RX580 Nitro+ because i heard i will need 800W PSU, but that seems foolish to me anyways can someone tell me if i can use this PSU with the build i choose and more specific with the desired CPU+GPU. Thanks in advance :)!

NightHawkRMX

Illustrious
1600x may pull 125w max.
RX580 maybe 200w max.
And this is overestimating.

I would reccomend a solid 550w or more for those components, so 620w is fine.
The Antec HCG 620w is based on a seasonic s12ii platform, so it is well built and reliable, but very dated.

That PSU will work, but if possible I would get a more modern PSU.

What is your budget and location?

NightHawkRMX

Illustrious
1600x may pull 125w max.
RX580 maybe 200w max.

The Antec HCG 620w is based on a seasonic s12ii platform, so it is well built and reliable, but very dated.

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
1600x may pull 125w max.
RX580 maybe 200w max.

Thank you very much, but i just needed to know if the PSU will have enough Power for the components, if i need recommendation of good PSU, when this one fails i will ask you :), thanks again and im located in Bulgaria, here used PC parts are pretty cheap i got this PSU for 60 Dollars which i think for this one is good.

NightHawkRMX

Illustrious
Thank you very much, but i just needed to know if the PSU will have enough Power for the components, if i need recommendation of good PSU, when this one fails i will ask you :), thanks again and im located in Bulgaria, here used PC parts are pretty cheap i got this PSU for 60 Dollars which i think for this one is good.
Pretty fair for a comparable Seasonic M12ii PSU new (not sure that antec is made anymore), but I wouldn't pay $60 for it used. Then again, US market and Bulgeria have different markets id assume.

As long as it has been taken care of, it should be reliable with that hardware.

Reactions: tplay2003

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS