[SOLVED] Is this the right time to buy a new laptop?

Jan 2, 2021
Hello,
I am planning to buy a new laptop for designing, editing and gaming. My budget is around $1100.

I was wondering if this is the right time to buy a new laptop or shall I wait for new laptops to come in my price range?

Solution
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

If you really need the laptop go and buy it. If you keep waiting for the "new" thing to come by you will never buy anything. Only you can solve this puzzle.

Things to have in mind for "designing, editing and gaming":

• CPU: Min. Ryzen 5/Core i5, Better -> Ryzen 7/9 ~ Core i7/9.
  • RAM: as a base 32GB if can be in dual channel the better.
  • Storage: I would try to have 1 drive for OS + Apps and another 1 for games/data/video/etc. Many laptops comes with a combination of 1x M.2+ 1x 2.5" SATA drive or 2x M.2.
  • GPU: Ah.... this is a hard one, basically if gaming is important then buy the laptop with the best GPU you can.
This is my humble opinion.

Cheers!

USAFRet

Titan
Hello,
I am planning to buy a new laptop for designing, editing and gaming. My budget is around $1100.

I was wondering if this is the right time to buy a new laptop or shall I wait for new laptops to come in my price range?
There is ALWAYS new stuff being released.

You should buy one when you have the money, and there is one in your price range, that has the specs you need, and when you need it.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

If you really need the laptop go and buy it. If you keep waiting for the "new" thing to come by you will never buy anything. Only you can solve this puzzle.

Things to have in mind for "designing, editing and gaming":

• CPU: Min. Ryzen 5/Core i5, Better -> Ryzen 7/9 ~ Core i7/9.
  • RAM: as a base 32GB if can be in dual channel the better.
  • Storage: I would try to have 1 drive for OS + Apps and another 1 for games/data/video/etc. Many laptops comes with a combination of 1x M.2+ 1x 2.5" SATA drive or 2x M.2.
  • GPU: Ah.... this is a hard one, basically if gaming is important then buy the laptop with the best GPU you can.
This is my humble opinion.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kartikey13
Solution