Isn't the 3570k faster than FX-8350 for gaming?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grippinq

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014

It's honestly people like you who ruin the PC community. Honestly, get YOUR facts straight, and look into the whole idea of 'futureproofing' before making dipshit assumptions.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

:lol: ok fanboy. Any facts in that post? :lol:

vmN

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

NO, that is NOT how you measure CPU performance, there are alot more to factor. And NO that is not theory.

vmN

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

What is future-proofing? Some good looking ISAs? bigger better faster stronger cores?

You might need to explain what "future-proofing" is in your perspective on CPU architecture.

cyborgcity

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Hmm this article seem to suggest otherwise...
http://gearnuke.com/pc-dominates-market-51-console-30-mobile-13-according-new-report/

vmN

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Also, this is just a rant.

My guesses is that the future is not necessary depending on more cores, as we both can see Intel and AMD aren't going to release any consumer 8 core for quite some time.

Intel and AMD is trying to make their iGP do as much work as possible as GP are much much faster for parallel processing.
AMD bought it into HSA, which could give it a good performance increase once utilized.
then again Intel just introduced AVX2 / TSX with with haswell and that could mean some serious performance increase(we are talking from 60% to over 100% performance increase from ivy-bridge if carefully utlilzed).

I dont think Intel will go into HSA, I think they are going with a different approach.

The next couple of generation the ISA will be extremely important.