Question Two GPUs leads to crackling sound, need HELP to fix

Jun 16, 2024
Hello! My config ; i7-13700kf; Msi z790 pro a wifi ddr5; 2x16gb = Corsair CMK5X16G1B56C36A2; usual ssd (all satas used) and usual 4 nvme; STPLAYER NGDP 1000W Black Gold ATX3.1 HA-1000BA4; and msi rtx 4070 ti super and Colorful iGame RTX 3060 Ti Ultra W OC
The motherboard support main PCI-e Gen 5.0 x16, second one port PCIe gen 4.0 x4, third one got PCIe gen 3.0 x1 (i tried it too and the problem safe)
Main port - rtx 4070, second port -3060.
The problem is that when you connect a second video card (3060ti) when the system is idle, a crackling sound appears when playing any sounds ( be it music or the sound of a video from the browser, or even the sound of the speaker settings bell) and the monitoring program is turned on, for example msi afterburner or aida or LatencyMon and other.
The crackling noise corresponds approximately to the fluctuations of the parameter in the LatencyMon program - current measured interrupt to process latency (µs).
This crackling noise is constant during sound playback and is similar to electrical noise - comparable to the crackling sound when changing the frequency and bit depth of sound in audio cards.
BUT! If I put a load on this second 3060ti video card, there is no crackling sound.
I noticed that there is a crackling noise and vice versa when changing the operating mode of the PCI-e bus from the one available on this motherboard for the second slot from gen x4 to gen x1.1, so on gen x4 no crackling, gen x1.1 there is.
What I've done:
1) I reset the BIOS via UEFI, reset the BIOS by removing the battery
I updated the BIOS, rolled back the BIOS to previous versions - nothing changed
2) uninstalled and installed previous versions of video card drivers, including through the NVCleanstal program with additional parameters that should reduce delays and separate device signals
3) rearranged video cards - Alone, both video cards work fine, there are no problems with sound. The only thing I haven’t tested yet is if I swap the video cards and put the load on the second port (when I rearranged them I didn’t realize about the load)
The power supply is new, physically does not crack even when both video cards are loaded simultaneously, it is connected correctly - there are no prohibited kinks anywhere.
4) installed and uninstalled audio card drivers, disabled and updated the network card drivers, tried disabling the BIOS power saving options - nothing has changed.
I don’t have a second video card to check the port problem, but I do have a hard drive that works fine through the adapter (turning it off does nothing)
I don't know what else to try
I hope that this is not a critical problem with the motherboard to take it for repair or to the trash heap.
Please tell me something that will help.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

2| Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstalled the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command?

Out of curiosity, why do you need two mismatched cards? You're advised to work with the single most powerful card your wallet and platform will allow.

Have you tried working with a higher wattage, reliably built unit?

I hope that this is not a critical problem with the motherboard to take it for repair or to the trash heap.
If the board is brand new and you have warranty on your parts, nothing needs repairing or given a trip to the trash heap. They will undergo an RMA process.

Jun 16, 2024
2| Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstalled the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command?
yes, and audio driver also removed and replaced
Have you tried working with a higher wattage, reliably built unit?
what do you mean? a more powerful video card?if it is, no, I don’t have more powerful video cards
If the board is brand new and you have warranty on your parts, nothing needs repairing or given a trip to the trash heap. They will undergo an RMA process.
no,its not new (almots 2 years working well)
Out of curiosity, why do you need two mismatched cards?
I'm at the beginning of the process of testing parallel rendering (like frame interpolation) and gaming
The power supply in theory allows it, why not use the possible potential?
It’s strange that there are similar problems like i said if the motherboard allows it