Jan 17, 2022
Good Afternoon all!

I am really hoping someone can help me out here. My computer specs are:

Ryzen 5 3600x
RTX 3070ti
32 gb DDR4 3200 HZ
750 watt psu
ASUS STRIX B450F

I run two monitors using display port both at 2k. One is an ASUS gaming monitor and the other is a standard HP for tasking.

I am trying to stream Escape from Tarkov (on 720p) using OBS. I feel as if my computer should be more than adequate to run the game on 2K and stream on 720p. However, on certain maps, there is a stutter that occurs when OBS is open. The weird part is that when I tried to investigate the cause, I noticed my CPU usage (using task manager performance tab) was only running around 50% and would dip to ~30% when the game stuttered, everything else seemed stable. To clarify, when I say stutter, I mean a quick freeze that can make the game unplayable at times. All my temps seem good, as my CPU temp only seems to get to around 55 degrees when these stutters occur. I am streaming using the NVIDIA encoder option in OBS, and the CPU usage in OBS will usually float around 1-2%, so I don't know why having OBS open is causing such as issue. When I close OBS, the issue seems to be resolved completely. With OBS closed, I can play any map, no stutters. I do not know what is causing the stuttering and I am not sure how to troubleshoot any further. I think its a CPU issue, but I could be completely wrong. Hopefully someone can help!

Jan 17, 2022
No, I do run my monitors at 2k, but I stream in 720p. I was going to change that to 1080p since I just upgraded my graphics card, but I am having stuttering without the change so I have left the stream quality at 720p for now. I have changed the settings and am about to give it a go. With my current settings, do you think I am pushing my 3070ti too much? I assume with the 3070ti being one of the big bad new NVIDIA gpus, I would be able to stream and run 2k without any issues =/