Question Issue with the BIOS boot screen of the ASRock H61M-HG4 motherboard.

Nov 3, 2023
I have a problem with the boot options on my system. I have two SSD drives, one with Windows 10 and the other with Arch Linux. Recently, I removed four previous Linux distributions from the system, but the boot options for those distributions are still visible and I can't delete them. Even after updating the BIOS, the unwanted entries remain on the boot selection screen. I would like to know how I can successfully remove these unused boot entries.

Nov 3, 2023
If you run System Configuration (msconfig) in Windows, are the other 4 distros listed or just the Windows install?

EDIT #1:
Have you tried restoring the defaults in the BIOS and see if the entries are removed?
Thank you for the help. I checked the 'System Configuration' utility (msconfig) in Windows, and only the Windows installation is listed; the four Linux distributions are not present. I've also reset to default settings in the BIOS, but the unwanted entries are still there. Is there any other solution I can try to remove these boot entries?

Thank you for the help. I checked the 'System Configuration' utility (msconfig) in Windows, and only the Windows installation is listed; the four Linux distributions are not present. I've also reset to default settings in the BIOS, but the unwanted entries are still there. Is there any other solution I can try to remove these boot entries?
I'm assuming they were each on separate partitions from each other and Windows. That being said, go into Disk Management and see if the partitions are still there. If they are, remove them and then run Disk Cleanup on Drive C: (usually the Windows drive) to clean up any records.

EDIT #1:
I just noticed where you said you had them on a separate drive. Try powering off, unplug that drive, start back up and check to see if they are still listed. If not, fully boot into Windows, shut down again, plug the drive back up and see if that helps.

Nov 3, 2023
I'm assuming they were each on separate partitions from each other and Windows. That being said, go into Disk Management and see if the partitions are still there. If they are, remove them and then run Disk Cleanup on Drive C: (usually the Windows drive) to clean up any records.

EDIT #1:
I just noticed where you said you had them on a separate drive. Try powering off, unplug that drive, start back up and check to see if they are still listed. If not, fully boot into Windows, shut down again, plug the drive back up and see if that helps.
Yesterday, I completely formatted both SSDs using DBAN. However, the unwanted boot entries for the Linux distributions still remain on the boot selection screen, even after the formatting. It seems like the entries may be stored in a location other than the disks themselves. I'm open to further suggestions to resolve this issue.

Nov 3, 2023

EDIT #1:
As mentioned earlier, I completely formatted both SSDs using DBAN yesterday. However, the unwanted boot entries for the Linux distributions still persist, and it's possible they may be related to the 120GB SSD that is currently running Arch Linux.

I will follow your suggestion and disconnect the 120GB SSD that currently runs Arch Linux, start the system without it, and check if the entries are still listed.

It's still showing because that drive (with those partitions) are still being shown in Disk Management (at least according to your pic).

It's going to maintain them in the BIOS as long as that drive is plugged in and those partitions still exist and are marked as primary partitions. In order to get them to completely disappear, you may have to completely format the drive (using Windows via Disk Management), don't create any new partitions or anything, and then reboot a couple of times and see if the issue occurs still. The BIOS doesn't maintain a boot record, it simply pulls from what it sees from wherever ESPECIALLY since you aren't using a bootloader or anything.

Nov 3, 2023
Então você está usando o menu de inicialização do BIOS.
O bootloader do Linux reside na partição D: (partição Fat32 de 203 MB).

Você precisa editar o bootloader grub para remover entradas de inicialização antigas.
After checking Grub Customizer, I couldn't identify any unwanted entries.

View: https://imgur.com/a/RkdHHXh