Question Issues with booting into windows 10

SpecOpsNick

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
I have been having issues with booting into windows majority of the time I keep getting a black screen that reads " Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key " when this happens I reboot my pc and go to my bios to see if my 3 storage devices show up unfortunately only 2 of them show up my ssd is the one that does not show up most of the time, I usually just restart my pc every time I get this message and windows boots up but it takes a lot of restarts just to get it going. Does anyone know what is wrong with my pc? I have a feeling that my ssd is not being read by my pc during boot up and it is preventing it from starting windows but I am not 100% sure.

jamesanyoung

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Have you tried going in to your BIOS and changing the BOOT Priority order? Set the SSD to number 1.
If one of your drives is not showing up in your BIos, you should (power off, unplug) and disconnect the drive and plug it back in.

If it still doesn't recognize the boot SSD, it could be a bad drive, or a SATA cable, or SATA header on the Mobo.

Try boot priority first. if that doesn't work, try disconnecting all the drives except the boot SSD.

SpecOpsNick

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
Have you tried going in to your BIOS and changing the BOOT Priority order? Set the SSD to number 1.
If one of your drives is not showing up in your BIos, you should (power off, unplug) and disconnect the drive and plug it back in.

If it still doesn't recognize the boot SSD, it could be a bad drive, or a SATA cable, or SATA header on the Mobo.

Try boot priority first. if that doesn't work, try disconnecting all the drives except the boot SSD.
Yeah I have tried it and saved it but it just keeps going to the black screen

SpecOpsNick

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
What happens when the SSD is the only drive connected to the Mobo? Anything?
Well that is the issue in the bios I am supposed to have 3 drives show up but I only get 2 the ssd does not show up and when it does show up windows boots up once I saved them but after turning off the pc I am hit with the black screen again this happens every time I shut down my pc. There are times where I am not sure if my pc will boot up or not to be honest