Question Issues with peripherals on USB slots

Jan 23, 2022
Hello,

I own a Fujitsu AH532 laptop (i5). I've had it for many years and it hasn't caused any problems until recently.

Since the past month, the USB ports are misbehaving. I started noticing this when I wanted to transfer some files from my phone to the hard drive. The PC was having difficulty accessing the phone memory. It was also 'installing device' each time I plugged in the phone. At that time, I dismissed the issue.

I use a graphic tablet to draw. That stylus seems to ignore the pressure at times. This was where I got concerned - at this point I didn't suspect the ports too much. I thought it was the tablet, so I tried reinstalling drivers and getting a new stylus. Didn't help too much.

And then there is an external (wired) mouse that doesn't work. Although another mouse that I have works fine. Also, my external (wired) keyboard, which works fine on my work-laptop, misses keystrokes every so often.

To me, all this points to the USB ports being the source of the issue. This happens no matter which port I use (it has 4 slots, 3 of which are USB 3.0).

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever encountered such an issue and if anyone has an idea of whether it can be a software/windows problem rather than hardware.

Another thing I have noticed is that the charger is getting a little too hot. I am not using a battery.

I am running Windows 8.1

Jan 23, 2022
Hello,

I own a Fujitsu AH532 laptop (i5). I've had it for many years and it hasn't caused any problems until recently.

Since the past month, the USB ports are misbehaving. I started noticing this when I wanted to transfer some files from my phone to the hard drive. The PC was having difficulty accessing the phone memory. It was also 'installing device' each time I plugged in the phone. At that time, I dismissed the issue.

I use a graphic tablet to draw. That stylus seems to ignore the pressure at times. This was where I got concerned - at this point I didn't suspect the ports too much. I thought it was the tablet, so I tried reinstalling drivers and getting a new stylus. Didn't help too much.

And then there is an external (wired) mouse that doesn't work. Although another mouse that I have works fine. Also, my external (wired) keyboard, which works fine on my work-laptop, misses keystrokes every so often.

To me, all this points to the USB ports being the source of the issue. This happens no matter which port I use (it has 4 slots, 3 of which are USB 3.0).

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever encountered such an issue and if anyone has an idea of whether it can be a software/windows problem rather than hardware.

Another thing I have noticed is that the charger is getting a little too hot. I am not using a battery.

I am running Windows 8.1

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. What BIOS version are you on at the time of writing for your laptop? At this point there doesn't seem to be much info/support on the laptop given how it's a decade old.

I am not using a battery.
You might want to consider getting a replacement battery.

*Creating multiple threads won't help the issue.

TRENDING THREADS