It may be time soon!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eden

Champion
BTW, since ur gonna look at this, I was checking looking at several Canon digital cameras. Still leaning towards an S50, tho I'm wanting a G3 more now since it's got more and better features. How's your A70 in terms of manual settings (which are what I'm interested in).
D00d, once again, as I stated in the other thread on this, you are NOT a pro, you DON'T need more than an A70 or a similar cam. Like many others also stated, you'd need to go 5MP just because you want to make huge posters.
3.2MP is sufficient.

Yes I would recommend the A70 and I had described thoroughly why I believe it is the best in its category. The Manual features are as expected from a point-n'-shoort: PASM. Aperture, Shutter, full Manual with 3 Flash intensities and Program, all however still on the PnS side, so you should not go expecting extreme aperture settings, or some hyper-shutter lengths, it's all still for the low end segment. In the end it's image quality that matters, and www.imagingresource.com is a pure respectable digicam site.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 10/05/03 00:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

eden

Champion
Look at tom's benches, the quadro series clearly wins. Even if it is b/c drivers- I as the end user care about the end performance, so even if it's only better b/c software, that's fine.

Once again I am not attacking what is current. You seem to think I am telling you to go FireGL even when nVidia is ruling. That is not my intent. I had outlined it in almost every post: SUPPOSE ATi ruled.

And again, you keep missing it, I am asking where the hell do you come off with the logic of:
-If ATi ruled workstation I'd choose them
-But I would not choose a gamer ATi card.
-I want workstation, therefore it is only logical nVidia's gaming cards are out of question, IF THEY ARE NOT FULLY MODDABLE.
-HOWEVER, I will choose a Ti4200 nonetheless.

Criteria number 4 shoots you in the foot, discrediting any form of argument you had, any kind of rational discussion you put up. So again Flamey, where is your logic?

As WS put it, it's pretty pathetic. If you really would have chosen a Ti4200 as you pointed out (hey, you shot your foot, now heal it), then why don't you take the risk with a 9600PRO and break the years of bad experience stigma, hmm?

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

eden

Champion
Well, at least someone else sees my POV on this. I'm fine with the fact someone won't buy from a company who continues to do bad construction of hardware and drivers, but when one changes and you still won't try them when they're currently the best solution, then that's hypocriticism, and patheticness.

His logic on the Ti4200 thing completely derides him of any credibility whatsoever. And that's not a good thing. Good for you to have taken the plunge with that 9800PRO man.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ti4200 is not fully moddable, but it is moddable to the extent where I can at least use maxtreme. There have also been gaps where workstation cards were not needed as I was going more programming than 3d...tho that gonna change cause I gotta do a whole batch of quantum simulations, and people never get it till they see pretty colors.

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Eden has presented the FireGL scenario as a hypothetical one. I suggest you treat it as such.

Also, I'm wondering, why are the Quadros are supposedly leaps & bounds better than their gaming-based cousin chips. Oh wait, you said it was mostly software drivers or something back a bit, didnt you?

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

eden

Champion
Yeah they are because of that. I am still waiting for Flame to provide hard links on the fact they are not directly based off their gaming counterparts like the FireGLs.

So many claims, so little credibility.

--