[SOLVED] I've used half my SSD's available writes and it's still at 100% health?

johnx125

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
I have a Corsair Force LE 120GB ssd which I bought in 2015, so it's about 6 yeras old. Now according to Corsair, the maximum endurance of this ssd is 30TB of writes (doesn't say about reads). Today I found out I've reached 15.1TB of writes but the drive's health level is still at 100%.. How come it still has 100% health when it only has 15TB of available writes left?

Solution
I have a Corsair Force LE 120GB ssd which I bought in 2015, so it's about 6 yeras old. Now according to Corsair, the maximum endurance of this ssd is 30TB of writes (doesn't say about reads). Today I found out I've reached 15.1TB of writes but the drive's health level is still at 100%.. How come it still has 100% health when it only has 15TB of available writes left?

Could be a firmware glitch.

SSD don't last forever, even though the real TBW might be higher than manufacturer's saying.

Could be a firmware glitch.

SSD don't last forever, even though the real TBW might be higher than manufacturer's saying.

Reactions: johnx125
Solution