[SOLVED] Java Installer REFUSES to do anything at all

Myronazz

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2016
Hello... Just formatted a friend's laptop and clean installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, the latest build downloaded from Microsoft's Website. I finished setting everything up, drivers, etc. And everything thus far has worked perfectly but for some reason I cannot seem to get Java working, we need it for Minecraft. Minecraft has Java embedded into the launcher now but for some reason it crashes with exit code 1 (cannot call class net.minecraft.client.main.Main) and that apparently can be fixed by downloading the Java Runtime 8 which I tried doing. But when I try to run the installer, nothing happens, absolutely nothing, no error and no indication of progress, not even a stop code on Event Viewer. I tried multiple versions of Java 8 JRE but again, nothing. The Windows Troubleshooter says it's incompatible but how come it runs on my Windows 10 computer so perfectly and smoothly? It's like this new build of Windows 10 despices Java or something

Anyone have any ideas, i've run dry... Thank you

Solution
D
then that means the one it doesn't work on, that account is corrupted. I would get all the data you care about and delete that account.
D

Deleted member 14196

did you launch it as an Administrator? Also, it creates logs that you can look at. I can help you with log files if I can read them
let me whip up a fresh win10 vm and install it and tell you where the logs can be had

Open Windows Explorer
In the Address Bar, type the following: %TEMP% and press the Enter key
Sort the file listing by Latest first
select the java log files such as

jusched.log and more importantly, something like this: JavaDeployReg.log

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

then that means the one it doesn't work on, that account is corrupted. I would get all the data you care about and delete that account.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

sometimes, an ungraceful shutdown can lead to corruption of the users DAT files and stuff. abrupt power loss can do it for sure.

if you start having lots of windows problems I would recommend backing up ALL your important data and verifying it as well, then performing a Clean install

In the past, when I have experienced similar issues like yours, it ultimately lead to a re-image of the machine.

Myronazz

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2016
sometimes, an ungraceful shutdown can lead to corruption of the users DAT files and stuff. abrupt power loss can do it for sure.

if you start having lots of windows problems I would recommend backing up ALL your important data and verifying it as well, then performing a Clean install

In the past, when I have experienced similar issues like yours, it ultimately lead to a re-image of the machine.

But that's the thing. I just installed Windows yesterday from a freshly builded ISO from Microsoft so this shouldn't of have happened. But eh it works now so it's all good. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS