I need instructions on how to convert a file in "My Pictures" to jpeg format?

Hello College KP,

Well there's nothing like keeping it short but perhasp in this instance a
tad more information would have helped.

What extention does the existing file have, normaly all you have to do is
right click file, then click open with, then choose a picture view programe
from list to view the file.

But you use the word convert, what file type are you converting from?
--
Sandal

CollegeKP wrote:
> I need instructions on how to convert a file in "My Pictures" to jpeg format?

Usually Open with a bitmap graphics program and use "Save As..." on the
file menu. In a few graphics applications use "Export" instead. Bitmap
graphics programs include Microsoft Paint (save types availability may
be dependent on Windows instalation options) Microsoft Photo Editor,
Corel Photopaint and JASC/Corel Paint Shop among others.

Look for a file type/extension dropdown control in the "Save As" or
export dialog.

Go get this free IRFANVIEW: http://www.irfanview.com/ it's a great image
"do whatever" program.

"Who put the RAM in the ram-a-lama-ding-dong?"

"CollegeKP" <CollegeKP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need instructions on how to convert a file in "My Pictures" to jpeg
>format?

Sorry about that - It is currently within the Kodak Easyshare program. The
photograph came off of my digital camera and was automatically downloaded in
Easyshare. I am unable to select "Save As" from this program, but was able to
e-mail the photo to myself.

Hope this clarifies. Thanks

"Sandal" wrote:

> Hello College KP,
>
> Well there's nothing like keeping it short but perhasp in this instance a
> tad more information would have helped.
>
> What extention does the existing file have, normaly all you have to do is
> right click file, then click open with, then choose a picture view programe
> from list to view the file.
>
> But you use the word convert, what file type are you converting from?
> --
> Sandal
>

> "CollegeKP" wrote:
>
> > I need instructions on how to convert a file in "My Pictures" to jpeg format?

I should have said this initially - the file is in Kodak Easyshare, and I am
unable to locate the option to "Save As" or "Export". The picture came off of
my digital camera and automatically went into the Easyshare program. I was
able to send the picture to myself, but didn't get any further.

Any additional help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.