Question Just bought a super fast gaming machine; can I get Windows to run faster?

Mikey7789

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

New to Windows here so I'm just wondering how (if at all) I can get Windows to run faster? It runs ok, but start up is not super quick and apps take longer to start up than I expected. They aren't loading "slow" per-say, however, with the specs I have, I would assume they'd run a lot quicker. Is this just how it is or am I missing optimizations somewhere? Recently had a crash when trying to click a game during start up.

Thanks a bunch!

Mikey7789

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
Please list full pc spec. Is this pc from an OEM like Dell, HP, etc as these usually come loaded with garbage software that slows things down.
Hey there, my specs are in my signature. They are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM
OLOy WarHawk RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200
EVGA 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX

Running Windows 10 on TeamGroup 6gb/s 1TB SSD

Hey there, my specs are in my signature. They are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM
OLOy WarHawk RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200
EVGA 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX

Running Windows 10 on TeamGroup 6gb/s 1TB SSD
Signatures don’t show on some mobile devices, many of us won’t see them. Not familiar with that SSD. Is your BIOS and all drivers up to date? If the crash was a one off then I wouldn’t worry but if it happens again it is worth troubleshooting.

Mikey7789

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
Signatures don’t show on some mobile devices, many of us won’t see them. Not familiar with that SSD. Is your BIOS and all drivers up to date? If the crash was a one off then I wouldn’t worry but if it happens again it is worth troubleshooting.
re: signatures on mobile: Oh that's great to know, thanks.

Well, unfortunately, and on a slightly unrelated note, the crash actually corrupted windows or the drive, so I'm currently trying to get past the "reboot and select proper boot device error" :/ as well as optimize windows once it's back lol. My BIOS and drivers should all be up to date, I just made the machine like a month ago and have updated frequently.

re: signatures on mobile: Oh that's great to know, thanks.

Well, unfortunately, and on a slightly unrelated note, the crash actually corrupted windows or the drive, so I'm currently trying to get past the "reboot and select proper boot device error" :/ as well as optimize windows once it's back lol. My BIOS and drivers should all be up to date, I just made the machine like a month ago and have updated frequently.
Hmm that’s concerning. Once the system is up and running I would lookup the TeamGroup website and see if they have software to test the health of the SSD, the SSD’s I have used all have some form of diagnostic tool. A crash and corruption make me start to think of possible drive issue.

Reactions: Mikey7789