Question Just built a system, have no Idea whats wrong

Aug 7, 2020
I am devastated rn. So, I just built a system and since the video card didnt arrive yet I unplugged the video card from my old pc (old oc is fully functional) and plugged it in my new system. To my great dissapointment, it didnt post. So, I plugged it back ang guess what, my old video card doesnt work now. Now I'm trying to figure out if I damaged my video card when I took it out of my old pc. I needed to say that its ryzen 3700x Im trying to make work so it can't post without video adapter. The motherboard debug light is sending me mixed signals so I can't really tell whats wrong, but last time it was cpu light then vga, then boot, and then no light.
Do you think its reasonable to wait for new video card to try to put it in, or is it risky?
Sorry for my over the place style of writing, it's been a <Mod Edit> day boys.
PS: I have tried everything in sticky post.
PSS: I removed cpu fan to make sure cpu is powered and getting warm, it is.
PSSS: I ordered my parts from different stores, so it's important I know what part is malfunctioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 7, 2020
RYZEN 3700X
B450M Mortar Max
Gskill Ripjaws 3600mhz 16t
Fractal Design ion+ 560platinum
Old video card RX560
Waiting for RTX 2070s

Sorry, it takes long to type on the phone

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
RYZEN 3700X
B450M Mortar Max
Gskill Ripjaws 3600mhz 16t
Fractal Design ion+ 560platinum
Old video card RX560
Waiting for RTX 2070s

Sorry, it takes long to type on the phone
You didn't mention your PSU? We can't really help until we know. If you can take a picture of it and also jot down the make and model and wattage. Get back to us ASAP so we can fix this for you.

Dec 25, 2020
Is it possible that the pciexpress slot on the motherboard is defective and it broke my video card?
The only way to know that would be to get an old dirt cheap gpu and test that.
Could have also been a static discharge from you. These are pretty rare, but still happen if you don't remove static current from both the PC and your hands.

TRENDING THREADS