Hi there!

Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?

Thank you

From: "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hi there!
|
| Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
|
| Thank you

Nope. No P2P software is "Safe". Some may be just safer than others but they are all
vectos of infection and backdoors to your data.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

map

Fabian wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>
> Thank you

Read here.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/

--
Mike Pawlak

*NO* P2P software is Safe.

--
Peter

"Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45645969-6C63-4C4F-8E98-D253AEEBD0FB@microsoft.com...
> Hi there!
>
> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>
> Thank you

Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
said.

"Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there!
>
> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>
> Thank you

*ANY* P2P software on your computer is a security risk.

There is no *SAFE* P2P software available.

LimeWire is no safer than Kazaa.

Bobby

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
> and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
> said.

> "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there!
>>
>> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>>
>> Thank you

pcbutts

There are P2P sharing programs that are indeed spyware free.. so they are no
problem in themselves.. but what about the files that people download?..
apart from the legalities of downloading certain file types, there is the
problem of what is contained within the downloaded files/zip files..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
> and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
> said.

> "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there!
>>
>> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>>
>> Thank you

map

Butthead,do you have tunnel vision or something?
What the "other" poster was refering to as I read it is that any program
which allows someone else access to your system can and will have flaws in
to exploit.And the possibilty to exploit them and gain access to the rest of
your system is (may) be their.Think of the larger picture.

Mike Pawlak

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is
> free and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another
> poster has said.
>

> "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there!
>>
>> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>>
>> Thank you

The bigger issue is that the files that are being shared may also include
viruses, spyware, etc. And there are viruses that seek out the typical
shared folders and plant files there, with enticing names. So those become
available to other people to download.

From: "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com>

| Butthead,do you have tunnel vision or something?
| What the "other" poster was refering to as I read it is that any program
| which allows someone else access to your system can and will have flaws in
| to exploit.And the possibilty to exploit them and gain access to the rest of
| your system is (may) be their.Think of the larger picture.
|
| Mike Pawlak

Thanx Mike.

And the above is the reason why *all* P2P software is banned in many corporations and all
the US Gov't and especially within the DoD.

Information Bulletin
Title: Unauthorized Peer to Peer (P2P) Programs on Government Computers
Date: April 19, 2005
http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/IAIP_UnauthorizedP2PProgramsGovtComp_041905.pdf

{ * Don't expect to be able to access the below without an IP on Milnet and DoD CAC * }
DoD References:
DoD CERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
ftp://ftp.cert.mil/pub/bulletins/iava/iava_index.htm

ACERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
https://www.acert.1stiocmd.army.mil/iava/alert/2004/2004-A-5001.htm

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

map

Your welcome,
I found "Butts" remark amusing,you David have become the authority on
parasites in the M/S newsgroups and for him to callange you was stupid!

--
Mike Pawlak

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com>
>
>> Butthead,do you have tunnel vision or something?
>> What the "other" poster was refering to as I read it is that any
>> program which allows someone else access to your system can and will
>> have flaws in to exploit.And the possibilty to exploit them and gain
>> access to the rest of your system is (may) be their.Think of the
>> larger picture.
>>
>> Mike Pawlak
>

> Thanx Mike.
>
> And the above is the reason why *all* P2P software is banned in many
> corporations and all the US Gov't and especially within the DoD.
>

> Information Bulletin
> Title: Unauthorized Peer to Peer (P2P) Programs on Government
> Computers
> Date: April 19, 2005

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/IAIP_UnauthorizedP2PProgramsGovtComp_041905.pdf

> { * Don't expect to be able to access the below without an IP on
> Milnet and DoD CAC * } DoD References:
> DoD CERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
> ftp://ftp.cert.mil/pub/bulletins/iava/iava_index.htm
>
> ACERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
> https://www.acert.1stiocmd.army.mil/iava/alert/2004/2004-A-5001.htm

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

"Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there!
>
> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>
> Thank you
Hi
The free program includes adware, you have got to pay for the clean version
As an alternative try this
http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml
It's Free Clean and faster than Kazza
Chas

You read way to deep into his answer. From what you are saying we might as
well just stay off the internet because any kind of connection is
vulnerable. You don't have to share your files with Limewire.

"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Butthead,do you have tunnel vision or something?
> What the "other" poster was refering to as I read it is that any program
> which allows someone else access to your system can and will have flaws in
> to exploit.And the possibilty to exploit them and gain access to the rest
> of
> your system is (may) be their.Think of the larger picture.
>
> Mike Pawlak
>

> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is
>> free and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another
>> poster has said.
>>

>> "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>>>
>>> Thank you

map

pcbutts1 wrote:
> we
> might as well just stay off the internet because any kind of
> connection is vulnerable.

You have finally said something that is true!

Mike Pawlak

Not all gov agencies follow this. They should but they don't.

From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>

| Not all gov agencies follow this. They should but they don't.
|
| --

{ snickers }

Those that don't, follow the edict, are caught by probing software (ie. eEye scanning
software) IDS and FireWalls. I won't, in a public forum, indicate what happens when they
trace the IP address of the PC found using the barred software.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Anyone who goes online without virus and now spyware software deserve what
they get. I know all those P2P download files are full of viruses.

> pcbutts
>
> There are P2P sharing programs that are indeed spyware free.. so they are
> no problem in themselves.. but what about the files that people
> download?.. apart from the legalities of downloading certain file types,
> there is the problem of what is contained within the downloaded files/zip
> files..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
>> and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
>> said.
>>
>> --

>> "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
>>>
>>> Thank you

We use "Patchlink" which is all hype but I have no say so in what they buy.
It does not detect Trojans or spyware or P2P.

> From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>
>
> | Not all gov agencies follow this. They should but they don't.
> |
> | --
>

> { snickers }
>
> Those that don't, follow the edict, are caught by probing software (ie.
> eEye scanning
> software) IDS and FireWalls. I won't, in a public forum, indicate what
> happens when they
> trace the IP address of the PC found using the barred software.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Can't tall you, and can't tell you either if Kazaa is entirely safe or not,
just heard a few stories here and there about it. Try WinMX.

http://www.winmx.com/

- Winux P

From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>

| We use "Patchlink" which is all hype but I have no say so in what they buy.
| It does not detect Trojans or spyware or P2P.
|
| --

Duh !

It isn't a security scanner, threat assesment advisor or anti malware scanner. Its a
x-platform patch management and deployment system.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Yes it is completely safe and I use it all the time. I use it to download uncle Bill's products free of charge. I have not encountered any problems as yet!!! i love it and can't live without it.

You should also use skype for free telephony to other skype users or cheap calls to global land and cell phones. The author/owner of skype is the same guy who issued kazaa which brought uncle Bill and music industry to their knees!!

Long live kazaa and long live Skype!!!

Kev (fat b@astard)
Head of CCS
Birkbeck College
London

Muslims and blacks should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans is a start!

From: "Kevin Brunt" <k.brunt@ccs.bbk.ac.uk>

| Mus**** and bl**** should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans is a start!

With a racist attitude like that -- who should believe you.

Racism has no place in this News Group and will NOT be tolerated !

/* Racists are the ones that must be exterminated from this planet ! */

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

David H. Lipman <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote on Sat, 3 Sep 2005:

>/* Racists are the ones that must be exterminated from this planet ! */

Hear hear, David. I'm ashamed that this creature apparently comes from
the UK.

--
Nightowl

> Long live kazaa and long live Skype!!!
>
> Kev (fat b@astard)
> Head of CCS
> Birkbeck College
> London
>
> Muslims and blacks should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans
> is a start!

DO WE REALYY WANT MORONIC REMARKS LIKE THE ABOVE?

PERHAPS BIRKBECK COLLEGE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW?

From: "antioch" <r.antiochDUMPTHIS@ntlworld.com>

>> Long live kazaa and long live Skype!!!
>>
>> Kev (fat b@astard)
>> Head of CCS
>> Birkbeck College
>> London
>>
>> Muslims and blacks should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans
>> is a start!
|
| DO WE REALYY WANT MORONIC REMARKS LIKE THE ABOVE?
>>
| PERHAPS BIRKBECK COLLEGE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW?

Antioch:

This was posted in the Win98 General News Group...

From: CCS Systems Team <abuse@bbk.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Subject: Abusive postings apparently from Birkbeck College
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:02:00 +0100

We have recently received a number of complaints about abusive and
racist posts to some newsgroups from someone purporting to be
member of staff at Birkbeck College. These posts have *not* been
posted by any member of Birkbeck staff and have in fact been
forged by someone who clearly has some kind of grudge against the
college.

We apologise to anyone who has been an unfortunate recipient of
this diatribe. We would like to make it clear that the recent
abusive posts apparently a member of our staff are forged, are not
from Birkbeck College, and do not reflect the opinions of the
college. It should hardly be necessary to note that the postings
conflict with the College's regulations, and everything that the
College has stood for since its original foundation in 1823.

We are taking appropriate steps to identify the person forging
these messages and are in communication with newsgroup
administrators and the ISPs to which this person has subscribed to.