Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003
41
0
18,530
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have a Samsung Laptop. Whenever I tray and boot up I get the following
message:
PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-MOF Exiting Intel Boot Agent
I cannot get into safe mode. ALl that happens is it keeps checking the disk
for errors and then reboots and just keeps on booting up again and again. I
cannot get into windows at all.
Anybody any ideas please?
Thanks S
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Here you go Sal,
'Error: \"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure\" at Boot '
(http://tinyurl.com/chfag)
Seems your bios boot order is set to boot to lan first, instead of your
hard drive. You can disable the boot to lan function if you wish.
Best,
Treeman


--
Treeman


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1871055549
 

Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003
41
0
18,530
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi
Thank you for that. Unfortunately, this has not corrected the proble - it
still reboots.
Have your another suggestion please.
Reagrds.
S

"Treeman" wrote:

>
> Here you go Sal,
> 'Error: \"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure\" at Boot '
> (http://tinyurl.com/chfag)
> Seems your bios boot order is set to boot to lan first, instead of your
> hard drive. You can disable the boot to lan function if you wish.
> Best,
> Treeman
>
>
> --
> Treeman
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1871055549
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Go into bios and just have your hard drive as a boot device. disable the Lan
and the cd-rom as a boot device. See if that helps. You can also check the
cables for the hard drive and make sure they are in tight.
"Sal" <Sal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F2CF8619-73A9-49E8-8089-668F4AE4B68A@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> Thank you for that. Unfortunately, this has not corrected the proble - it
> still reboots.
> Have your another suggestion please.
> Reagrds.
> S
>
> "Treeman" wrote:
>
> >
> > Here you go Sal,
> > 'Error: \"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure\" at Boot '
> > (http://tinyurl.com/chfag)
> > Seems your bios boot order is set to boot to lan first, instead of your
> > hard drive. You can disable the boot to lan function if you wish.
> > Best,
> > Treeman
> >
> >
> > --
> > Treeman
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1871055549
> >
> >
 

Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003
41
0
18,530
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi
Thank you for all the advice, unfortunately I have had to format and
reinstall!!
I am sure that I will be back again.
Regards.
S

"George Schloicka" wrote:

> Go into bios and just have your hard drive as a boot device. disable the Lan
> and the cd-rom as a boot device. See if that helps. You can also check the
> cables for the hard drive and make sure they are in tight.
> "Sal" <Sal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F2CF8619-73A9-49E8-8089-668F4AE4B68A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> > Thank you for that. Unfortunately, this has not corrected the proble - it
> > still reboots.
> > Have your another suggestion please.
> > Reagrds.
> > S
> >
> > "Treeman" wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Here you go Sal,
> > > 'Error: \"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure\" at Boot '
> > > (http://tinyurl.com/chfag)
> > > Seems your bios boot order is set to boot to lan first, instead of your
> > > hard drive. You can disable the boot to lan function if you wish.
> > > Best,
> > > Treeman
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Treeman
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1871055549
> > >
> > >
>
>
>
 

TRENDING THREADS