Question Kernel Power Event ID 41

Sep 3, 2024
So I'll preface by saying that I live in Italy and I purchased a PC from an Italian store. Shortly after receving it I was having constant issues of the PC shutting down mid game. Sometimes when the system would shut down I'd lose the DP ports ftom my GPU and when it would shut down I would have to turn off the PSU and turn it back on before I could start up the PC. I contacted the seller and they were adamant, at the time, that it was due to me not shutting the computer down completely and also turning off the power supply. I never had this issue with my previous computer even if I kept it on sleep at all times. Then i was told that it was because I adjusted the setting in Adrenaline and set the system to overclock (even though i didn't so that). I ended up having to send the computer back to get tested, where they found no issues besides corrputed files for Apex Legends and that I had instaled Ryzen Master. I was told repeatedly that i was at fault for the issue because I adjusted the graphics settings through Adrenaline and that their tests showed no problems with the system at all. Even though you can see in the event viewer the Event ID 41 errors that were logged. I'm still getting the kernel power error and I just want somebody to help me out if they can. Below is the component list for my PC:

Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Seasonic G12 850W 80+ Gold

Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX AM5

Deepcool LS720 Liquid 360mm

Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHZ

Kingston Fury Renegade 2TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 7300mb/s

Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XTX

Windows 11

I don't have any dmp files in the minidump, but I do have DMP files under LiveKernelReports. There are two different folders; AMD_WATCHDOG and WATCHDOG. I know nothing about DMP files or any of this stuff specifically, so if somebody can help me figure out whats going on so I can fix this I would be very greatful. Thank you!

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2024
Hey there,

Kernel ID 41, means your system lost power. Typically this can point to a PSU issue.

When did you purchase the Seasonic?
I'm not sure the exact purchase date but I received the PC at the end of May. In the past I did run OCCT and didn't have any issues with the PSU then.

Last edited: