Question Keyboard doesn’t work, only in safe mode

Nov 18, 2020
Hi, I am having an issue with getting my keyboard to work. I was downloading a file that I had to turn my antivirus software off for, and after I turned it back on I performed a sophos virus scan and it detected nothing. All of a sudden my keyboard stopped working in the log in screen and desktop. None of the keys work apart from when I go into Safe Mode or the BIOS.

I have already uninstalled all the usb and keyboard drivers (even the hidden ones), rebooted and unplugged my power supply, restarted my pc without USB’s plugged in, checked for software updates and configured a file in regedit. I have a Steelseries Apex Pro.

mact

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
How does this (never heard of it) keyboard connect? USB? Or one of the old round plugs that still show up on ew Mobos (like my X570Prime). If USB, have yo tried different USB port? Or, if wireless, have you tried moving the receiver?

Nov 18, 2020
It has 2 usbs that I plug into the top of my pc. I tried plugging another keyboard into the back ports but still didn’t work. My wireless mouse works fine though

TRENDING THREADS