Question Keyboard glitches and presses the same key occasionally for 2-3 seconds in GAMES and not regular windows applications.

jaymenrobinson

Reputable
Nov 22, 2016
I recently reset my windows after I installed my Corsair Vengeance RAM (2x8GB clocked at 3200 MHz with XMP in BIOS). My previous RAM were the Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB and they were clocked at 2133 MHz. and ever since I've done this I've seemed to have an issue with playing games. I like to play games like Destiny 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and other popular first person shooters. What happens now is that subsequently during a match in one of these video games, I will be pressing a directional key to run with (WASD) and at random times, my keyboard will glitch out and run in the same direction for 2-3ish seconds. My mouse and other USB devices connected to my PC do not seem to have issues.

Things I have tried:
  1. Reinstalling/uninstalling Keyboard Drivers
  2. Resetting my windows for a second time
  3. Going into keyboard properties and setting the Power Management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", and then doing the same for all HUI and USB devices in device manager
  4. I cannot update my BIOS because it is already updated to the current version
  5. Switching keyboards; I switched from a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 edition to a Logitech K120 keyboard (about as basic as it gets) and problem persists with both
  6. Playing different games (problem persists in Counterstrike and Destiny 2)
  7. Plugging in to different USB Ports (I have a USB hub that never failed me, but I plugged my keyboard directly into my motherboard and I still have the same issues).
  8. Installing/uninstalling keyboard softwares such as Razer Synapses
  9. Turning Legacy USB settings in BIOS to AUTO and not ON
  10. Tried typing in notepad/doing typing tests online to see if I have any spam issues, but there are no problems in regular windows applications.
I'm still thinking that this is still a hardware issues because I haven't had this problem persist for longer than 2 days. I have tried disconnected the 24pin connecter and reconnecting it on my motherboard to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. The only other thing that I could think of is that my Power Supply with the new RAM clocked at 3200 MHz is interrupting the amount of power to my USB's since there is only 650 available watts, and it wasn't doing this with the 2x8GB Ram clocked at 2133 MHz, is this possible?

COMPUTER SPECS:
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
CPU: Intel i5-6600k
GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200 MHz
Power Supply: EVGA Bronze 650W
HDD: WD Black 1TB
SSD: Kingston 120GB
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Edition / Logitech K120
Mouse: Logitech G402