Question Keyboard stops working because Generic USB Hub and Bluetooth Adapter get disconnected ?

Jun 1, 2024
Please help. My few month old legion 5 pro’s keyboard keeps randomly disconnecting, and when it does, I’ve noticed Generic Usb Hub (Port_#0001.Hub_#0003) gets disconnected, as well as my Realtek Bluetooth Adapter (also on Port_#0001)

I am trying to identify if those two are randomly disconnecting is causing my keyboard to stop working. I am not sure if it is a hardware issue yet.

Any solutions?

EDIT:

A picture to follow up, showing them disconnected:
https://prnt.sc/7n5DBsFxGYCr

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more context, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
in your instance, include all devices that are tethered to your motherboard's USB ports.

Please stick to one thread unless you want spaghetti brains for you and the community members answering this thread.

Jun 1, 2024
We're going to need a little more context, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
in your instance, include all devices that are tethered to your motherboard's USB ports.

Please stick to one thread unless you want spaghetti brains for you and the community members answering this thread.
Hey Lutfij

Windows11 Home
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7
Bios: Latest LPCN51WW
16gb ram
SSD
RTX4070
16" WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS LCD

I’m not sure how to retrieve the remaining info..

Lutfij

Titan
The post I made was on your other thread before I merged it to your other thread that stated you were on a prebuilt Lenovo Legion 5. You might want to manually reinstall your chipset driver(sourced from AMD's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jun 1, 2024
The post I made was on your other thread before I merged it to your other thread that stated you were on a prebuilt Lenovo Legion 5. You might want to manually reinstall your chipset driver(sourced from AMD's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Hello. I am not too tech savvy. I went on https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html and there is 1 download for chipset apparently. Is this the correct one? I thought there would be multiple versions for diff pcs or something.

EDIT: I have since updated my chipset drivers and will be testing if this issue occurs again or not.

Any other solutions that come to mind? Should I reinstall my bluetooth adapter ans generic usb hub? Many thanks

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024
Hello. The chipset driver made my laptop very slow and I had to revert it. I’m lost now..

Jun 19, 2024
Please help. My few month old legion 5 pro’s keyboard keeps randomly disconnecting, and when it does, I’ve noticed Generic Usb Hub (Port_#0001.Hub_#0003) gets disconnected, as well as my Realtek Bluetooth Adapter (also on Port_#0001)

I am trying to identify if those two are randomly disconnecting is causing my keyboard to stop working. I am not sure if it is a hardware issue yet.

Any solutions?

EDIT:

A picture to follow up, showing them disconnected:
https://prnt.sc/7n5DBsFxGYCr
I had created a post regarding this on reddit. Here is the link! Feel free to hmu if you need help. https://www.reddit.com/r/LenovoLegi...=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

TRENDING THREADS