Question keyboard works only after bios reset

Jul 4, 2022
i have a problem on msi modern 14 b10mw
keyboard works only after every bios cmos reset, and when i restart laptop or even wake from sleep, works only few keys and keyboard auto typing same keys it is same in bios ,
but when i reset bios and cmos and after first turn on it works in bios and in windows

i tried:
bios update
in bios changed every option such is uefi to legacy, usb legacy, fastboot, secure boot and every other options

desconnect and clean keyboard connector and keyboard
desconected other componets touchpad, speakers, keyboard backlight, lcd cable
tried installing and reinstslling windows 10 and 11
what should be problem ?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Revert to UEFI and move away from Legacy/CSM mode. As for your OS, what are you working with now? I'd suggest sticking to Windows 10 since your drivers support is listed with Windows 10 alone. Where did you source the installers for your OS from? For the sake of relevance, did you source all necessary/relevant drivers for your laptop, manually from MSI's support site?

You could use Keyboardtester to see if any keys are being depressed though if a CMOS reset removes the issue, I'm certain it's a driver issue, whereby the wrong drivers are messing with the laptop's keyboard. Disconnect the keyboard from the laptop and use a USB driven keyboard to see if the issue persists.

Jul 4, 2022

Revert to UEFI and move away from Legacy/CSM mode. As for your OS, what are you working with now? I'd suggest sticking to Windows 10 since your drivers support is listed with Windows 10 alone. Where did you source the installers for your OS from? For the sake of relevance, did you source all necessary/relevant drivers for your laptop, manually from MSI's support site?

You could use Keyboardtester to see if any keys are being depressed though if a CMOS reset removes the issue, I'm certain it's a driver issue, whereby the wrong drivers are messing with the laptop's keyboard. Disconnect the keyboard from the laptop and use a USB driven keyboard to see if the issue persists.
yes i tried reverting from legacy to uefi and many combinations of all options, i tried installing all drivers from msi website on windows 10 also, usb keyboard works normally, and one more thing when i first turn on laptop after bios cmos reset keyboard works but not too long, about after 30 minutes it become malfunction again without restart or waking from sleep, as i said keyboard auto typing some keys and i can stop auto typing with typing keys actively menually but many keys does not work at all alltime when it is in malfunction condition, and when i turn on laptop after cmos reset all keys works normally. i downloaded windows installer tool for usb drive from microsoft, nothing is wrong in device manager also.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022

I've exhausted almost everything, I also flashed the bios of another model but keyboard problem did not change, if the keyboard itself is broken, can it work after resetting the bios?

TRENDING THREADS