[SOLVED] L6190 Backup and Restore Presets

Jul 20, 2020
I have an L6190 printer connected to my network. Multiple PC use the printer. After format I have to configure all my presets from scratch. Is any way to backup them and restore them. ?

OS = Windows 10 [added by moderator]

Solution
However, I found the following link that hints at being able to do so:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1224401-question-l6190-backup-and-restore-presets/
First thisgs first this is me doing the same question to another audience. :p

Does not appear to be possible.
It appears to be. I found epson support form and ask for this and they give a solution.
To backup or exprort presets you have to copy this file :
C:\ProgramData\EPSON\EPSON L6190 Series\E_TCXSPE.UCB

To find it you need to enable hidden files.

I didn't give you the solution because this file contains only user presets and not pre-installed witch are annoying. So I don't have yet solution for this.

Ralston18

Titan
Jul 20, 2020
However, I found the following link that hints at being able to do so:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1224401-question-l6190-backup-and-restore-presets/
First thisgs first this is me doing the same question to another audience. :p

Does not appear to be possible.
It appears to be. I found epson support form and ask for this and they give a solution.
To backup or exprort presets you have to copy this file :
C:\ProgramData\EPSON\EPSON L6190 Series\E_TCXSPE.UCB

To find it you need to enable hidden files.

I didn't give you the solution because this file contains only user presets and not pre-installed witch are annoying. So I don't have yet solution for this.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Interesting....

Do you have the Epson Device Administrator app?

Take another look at the first link presented in Post # 2, Pages 107 (Configuration templates) and 129 (Backing up device settings).

Actually it is Page 96 that list the various lists and settings that can be saved.

Jul 20, 2020
Interesting....

Do you have the Epson Device Administrator app?

Take another look at the first link presented in Post # 2, Pages 107 (Configuration templates) and 129 (Backing up device settings).

Actually it is Page 96 that list the various lists and settings that can be saved.
I browse a bit the software although I think it has to do with printer side and not computer side that's my concern this moment.