Gon01

Prominent
Sep 11, 2019
So i have a problem, i buy it a new gaming PC (3700x, rx5700xt) and for example when a i play CS go at + 200fps i have lag spikes sometimes and stuttering, but if i put at 60fps i have a clear and smooth gameplay, the same happen with bfv if i play above 60fps sometimes i have breaks in the imagem, Not frame drops just a break, but if i play with v-sync ON i have smooth gameplay...
So my question is, it is a Problem of my graphics card or from my monitor?
Btw my monitor is a Samsung with like 10 years old
Sorry for my bad english :/ hope you guys understand

Solution
Not frame drops just a break, but if i play with v-sync ON i have smooth gameplay...
For nvidia there is a setting called fast sync that will send only full frames to the monitor so you don't get breaks but this means that some frames will be displayed later than others so it might still not feel completely smooth,you have to try it out.
I think AMD has something similar but I don't know the name check in your display settings under vertical sync.
Not frame drops just a break, but if i play with v-sync ON i have smooth gameplay...
For nvidia there is a setting called fast sync that will send only full frames to the monitor so you don't get breaks but this means that some frames will be displayed later than others so it might still not feel completely smooth,you have to try it out.
I think AMD has something similar but I don't know the name check in your display settings under vertical sync.

Reactions: Gon01
Solution

Gon01

Prominent
Sep 11, 2019
I have done a search and the name is enchanced sync, i will try, and thank you.

Gon01

Prominent
Sep 11, 2019
And One question if i turn this on its better to turn off v sync in the game or let it on?