Question LAN port issue on MI970 motherboard ?

Oct 5, 2021
Hello everyone,
One of our laboratory device has a MI970 motherboard with two LAN ports.
Today one of the LAN ports stopped working.
The yellow led is steady on and the green led is off, it doesn't matter if the cable is connected or not.
I have checked the device manager, the lan port was with Yellow exclamation mark. The lan port is disappeared in device manager now.
Restarted, turned off, nothing changed.
Since it turned on, the yellow light is on.

I would appreciate if you could give me some advice.
Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That's an Intel made motherboard. There's a high probability that one of the two networking chips on that motherboard might've conked out. Can you get into BIOS and see if your LAN controllers are enabled for both?

Oct 5, 2021

That's an Intel made motherboard. There's a high probability that one of the two networking chips on that motherboard might've conked out. Can you get into BIOS and see if your LAN controllers are enabled for both?
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
Yes sure I will try it.
So, if it conked out, is it okay to keep the motherboard running with this situation?
This lan port was connected to Raspberry pi to read device status through tcp. Can be the reason?
Thanks again

Oct 5, 2021

A raspberry pi was connected through this lan port, I found the lan port on raspberry pi is also not working. I have tried the driver and still is not showing on device manager.
The light is on, even the cable is not connected.
Thanks

Oct 5, 2021

I cannot find any option to enable lan port in bios. Would you able please to give me some advice?
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS