[SOLVED] Laptop battery possible damage question

Dec 1, 2021
Hello all,
I just ordered a replacement battery for my laptop. It's a BI03XL rechargeable battery and the side of it looks cracked along the edge. It looks like it's just the label but I don't know batteries & want to make sure that it's safe to install & won't cause any damage or hazards. Thank you to all who answer!

878d825416effc0f07fb6ef01cf4552d.jpg

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

H1de739bdce074e6b868fe06208b44c79v.jpg

I think you should contact the seller pertaining to the damaged label. On a side note you should see if the battery sits flush inside your HP laptop. Even if it does sit flush, I'd advise on replacing the battery since there might be damage under the label. The way you've taken the picture doesn't show any structural damage to the battery housing, apart from the sticker being tampered with.

If you didn't tamper with the sticker, be sure to explain that the sticker came that way so the seller doesn't pin the blame on you for tampering with the battery(and voiding warranty).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

H1de739bdce074e6b868fe06208b44c79v.jpg

I think you should contact the seller pertaining to the damaged label. On a side note you should see if the battery sits flush inside your HP laptop. Even if it does sit flush, I'd advise on replacing the battery since there might be damage under the label. The way you've taken the picture doesn't show any structural damage to the battery housing, apart from the sticker being tampered with.

If you didn't tamper with the sticker, be sure to explain that the sticker came that way so the seller doesn't pin the blame on you for tampering with the battery(and voiding warranty).

Solution
Dec 1, 2021
[/QUOTE]

Hey I appreciate the response! That definitely makes sense and I definitely would rather be safe than sorry. Hopefully I don't have any issues with the seller but I'll get a new battery either way. Thank you!