Question Laptop BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

Aug 13, 2022
Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post the link of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that could be causing this BSOD that keeps happening. =p

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d=5571c299-9bb6-4cf3-9371-55a255814d87&page=1

In this link you will also see at the very top the two previous links of help I also reached out for as well as many screen shots of steps I have taken and the results I have gotten. Despite all my best efforts and the great help I have been given, I am still fighting to correct this issue.

Here is the link to my MINIDUMP one drive uploaded folder:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuczVRdYBIp5j3fvrlcV1fYFQs6k?e=kEnCs1

I have uninstalled the Nvidia graphics card from the laptop twice, reinstalled it with the drivers directly downloaded from the Nvidia official website and updated my OS (Windows 10 home edition) and even checked for any updates to the bios, searched website after website and tried dozens of other various tricks including but not limited to uninstalling and reinstalling WoW fully, the addons I use for WoW, uninstalled the addons I use for WoW and did a 'clean boot" by going into MSConfig and shutting off everything NOT a windows app in the services tab and then disabling everything in the startup tab. I even went and checked the memory of the laptop and was shown it to be fully working 100% fine.

The issue is: while playing World of Warcraft (WoW) things will be going fine and then suddenly the laptop will lock up/freeze/become unresponsive and seconds after that happens the laptop throws out the BSOD to me and then restarts. Doesn't matter which character I am on or what part of the game I am in or anything. I have been in the login screen for WoW and got the BSOD or even in the Character selection screen and got the BSOD and then when I finally get to log into the game fully and play, sometimes its instant that I get the BSOD or it could be hours into playing before I get the BSOD, but it eventually does happen.

I am at a loss as to the cause or the reason. This has been going on for about three months now and I really NEED to figure out a way to fix this. I am BEGGING for help here. Legit begging. You can't see it but I am on my hands and knees with my head bowed down forehead to the floor asking for one of you super smart tech types to help me find a solution that does not include a full wipe of the entire system. Please. Help me Obi-Wan, you are my only hope!!!!

Aug 13, 2022
Posting these in hopes it will help with the process of reaching a resolution:
ba6d1402-31bc-4165-b392-90bf0fd68cc5

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
this is probably to be used only as a last resort, since it's not safe to turn off. Have you tried turning off your antivirus while gaming?

also in msconfig, in "Services", make sure "background intelligent transfer" is unchecked. This thing in my experience, can mess with online gaming.

Reactions: Repairbay
Aug 13, 2022
this is probably to be used only as a last resort, since it's not safe to turn off. Have you tried turning off your antivirus while gaming?

also in msconfig, in "Services", make sure "background intelligent transfer" is unchecked. This thing in my experience, can mess with online gaming.

I will give that a try, I had not had issues with the Defender/Anti Virus before, but at this stage I will try anything lol

Aug 13, 2022

No luck, still getting BSODs. I am beginning to think this is a hardware issue now.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
sorry to hear it did not work. Searched a bit on google, and it seems this game is notoriuos for Bsod.
I don't really play WoW, so could not help you further. Looking at the links you posted though, it seems you have received some help from a WoW forum. Goodluck then, I hope you could find the cause of the problem.

if your pc goes bsod with WoW only, and not with other games.. have you checked if your laptop meets the minimum requirements to run the game properly?

Aug 13, 2022
sorry to hear it did not work. Searched a bit on google, and it seems this game is notoriuos for Bsod.
I don't really play WoW, so could not help you further. Looking at the links you posted though, it seems you have received some help from a WoW forum. Goodluck then, I hope you could find the cause of the problem.

if your pc goes bsod with WoW only, and not with other games.. have you checked if your laptop meets the minimum requirements to run the game properly?

Is there any way to get the admins to see this post and/or a way to garner more attention to it on the forums that I am not seeing?

Colif

Win 11 Master
@Tac 25 should have got my attention a few months ago it seems

can you share any newer crashes you have had? I don't need that many though so maybe limit to last 10.

I will convert the ones you showed here, I split it in 2 as converter slows down the more I do at once.

Conversion of dumps

report (for first 6)- Click run as fiddle to see report
report - Click run as fiddle to see report

File: 080822-8953-01.dmp (Aug 8 2022 - 20:15:49)
BugCheck: [KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: WowClassic.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File: 080822-8875-01.dmp (Aug 9 2022 - 13:45:00)
BugCheck: [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)]
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

File: 080822-11937-01.dmp (Aug 8 2022 - 20:06:25)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 3 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File: 080822-11156-01.dmp (Aug 9 2022 - 13:34:58)
BugCheck: [ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (FC)]
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 17 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File: 080422-9531-01.dmp (Aug 5 2022 - 12:42:32)
BugCheck: [VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)]
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File: 080422-11484-01.dmp (Aug 4 2022 - 23:07:14)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Uptime: 2 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 52 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File: 080222-9140-01.dmp (Aug 2 2022 - 22:14:31)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (F7)]
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 55 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File: 080122-9156-01.dmp (Aug 1 2022 - 19:32:20)
Uptime: 1 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 26 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File: 080122-9093-01.dmp (Aug 1 2022 - 19:36:24)
BugCheck: [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File: 073022-9125-01.dmp (Jul 30 2022 - 18:42:42)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File: 072922-9281-01.dmp (Jul 29 2022 - 19:15:24)
BugCheck: [VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)]
Uptime: 1 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

File: 072922-11890-01.dmp (Jul 29 2022 - 21:13:15)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 57 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

would like to say its first time I seen this model laptop before.

crash 5 caused by Nvidia drivers, as was crash 11.
try running DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers, log back into normal mode and reinstall Nvidia drivers
might help to use the ones offered my Asus.

download Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from under windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Reactions: TheGullydwarf
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, give me a few to do as such, been a while since I did that and need to re-trace my steps on it. I am not the most savvy on this stuff. I also have WhoCrashed & HW Monitor that I have been using to watch the crashes and temp of the laptop.

I also appreciate you replying, its been a long few months of me trying various things to try and fix this and still fighting with it daily when I have a chance to work on it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
I have to go out for a while so I answer then.

Aug 13, 2022
The BSOD went from happening only during times when I was playing WoW to happening when I was watching Netflix to now it has begun to happen when I turn the computer on and it will just lock up and BSOD. Or, if it isn't a BSOD, the screen just goes black and locks up and I have to hold the power button down and wait for the laptop to reboot. Now I am also having the screen occasionally now, randomly, spazz out and act like the old scrambled cable tv channels if that makes sense.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if there is a next time, can you make a new folder for them all as It saves me looking through what I already had. I didn't notice and downloaded them all again :)

can normally get more out of dumps than what Whocrashed shows. It normally blames Ntoskrnl.

report - Click run as fiddle to see report

File: 102322-27421-01.dmp (Oct 24 2022 - 11:13:11)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 44 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

File: 102222-11609-01.dmp (Oct 23 2022 - 02:09:10)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 3 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 45 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File: 101822-9171-01.dmp (Oct 19 2022 - 14:13:55)
BugCheck: [UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7F)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 17 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

Processes mentioned are victims - what was running at time of crash.
Memory corruption doesn't mean ram.

before looking at report I can tell you the 1st one caused by GPU drivers. DWM.exe = Windows Desktop Manager. Sits between applications and GPU drivers

try changing GPU drivers like I suggested and change LAN drivers, both look like they involved.
Ethernet drivers being 3 years old probably doesn't help =
Oct 28 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
or do you use WIFI?
Nov 01 2021rtwlane.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
possibly newer WIFI drivers here - https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15/helpdesk_Download/

Aug 13, 2022
I use WIFI for my laptop only, no ethernet, but I am updating it all the same currently.

I will next try the clean installation of the drivers, but I have done that several times before.

Aug 13, 2022
we wait for next BSOD. See if either of those files help.

Hello again, been working a ton and not had the time to use the laptop recently, but I turned it on and immediately had a BSOD happen. When I try to open my mini-dump file, it tells me I have no access to it. How do I correct this so I can send it to you?

Colif

Win 11 Master
you don't own originals but you should own a copy

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
I won't be here tomorrow but someone else might read it in that time.

Aug 13, 2022
you don't own originals but you should own a copy

I won't be here tomorrow but someone else might read it in that time.

Roger that, I think I did it correctly:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuczVRdYBIp5kA6GpHpY06ZFQ22K?e=oMoPFs

Colif

Win 11 Master
Conversion of dumps

report - click run as fiddle to read

File: 111322-12109-01.dmp (Nov 14 2022 - 13:37:14)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: Battle.net.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File: 111222-11953-01.dmp (Nov 13 2022 - 17:36:45)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File: 110222-10109-01.dmp (Nov 3 2022 - 15:18:02)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

crash on 3rd Nov was GPU drivers again.
I see it still doesn't like wow.

thats unusual, its unlike Asus to actually have newish drivers on the website for laptop. I see shuffling drivers doesn't seem to be fixing this, as Asus drivers are October, and I don't think Nvidia released any newer ones.

I wonder where you got newer AMD chipset drivers from when latest on Asus site is 2020, you have 2 from this year.

Aug 13, 2022
I went directly to Nvidia and directly to AMD to get drivers and tried to update them to the best of my ability.

I have also reinstalled windows, uninstalled and reinstalled all my GPU drivers, and double checked reinstalled my BIOS drivers and other system drivers. I am really at a loss as to what else to do to try and fix this. Tonight's BSOD wasn't even while I was playing WoW, it happened right after I booted up the laptop and turned on Netflix to watch a show.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Aug 13, 2022
I tried to help someone with almost identical laptop a few weeks/months ago and he too had problems getting the GPU drivers to work. I would be tempted to ask on the Asus forums. As it might be a known problem - https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?107-Non-ROG-ASUS-Notebooks

also try asking on here, they might see something I can't - https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

not giving up but I don't want to waste your time either.

I have had no luck with finding help or anyone to be able to tell me what is exactly wrong or any suggestions on how to correct this issue that either I have not already tried or that have worked.

At this point I am wondering if I should look into replacing the gpu maybe if that is a possibility?