Question Laptop effectively bricked itself. Any ideas?

Aug 29, 2019
Out of nowhere one day the disk usage on my Dell Inspiron G5 5587 with windows 10 skyrocketed to 100%. Instead of getting another drive immediately, I first decided to try a complete reset to see if it did anything. I reset it, and it booted up with one single login option (Other User), which was unresponsive for all combinations of usernames and passwords. I then booted in safe mode to access the administrator profile, and found that the desktop did not exist or could not be accessed. I tried and was unable to manually create a desktop folder. I found that explorer.exe and other programs were "tokens" that "did not exist." I tried running system file checker to see if anything was awry, but it found nothing. I tried reverting to an earlier version of windows, but the system would not let me. I have tried to repair corrupted files manually via command prompt, but to no avail. I even went so far as to reset again (nada). Everything I did was done with admin privileges. I only have access to the command prompt and troubleshooting options. I am at my wit's end. It's as if the laptop has given itself the computer equivalent of a lobotomy, and rendered itself little more than an oblong coaster with some circuity attached. Any and all insight would be appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything on PC you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

it could be the drive, you could boot from a ubuntu live usb and run diagnostics on the PC from it - https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#0