BirdOfParadise

Prominent
Feb 22, 2021
I have posted a question like this before however this issue keeps coming back. I have had repeated crashes in the past and a replacement fan and heatsink on my laptop fixed the issue as it was due to overheating. However even after the new heatsink assembly and a complete reinstall of Windows I keep getting crashes on my laptop. I first suspected it to be a corrupt OS issue hence why I reinstalled but the issue still remains. A blue screen code along the lines of memory data inpage error seems to point to hardware failure which then causes a corrupt OS due to the random crash however there is no way of testing this and I'd rather not pay for new sticks unless this really is the root cause. Is there anyway I could confirm this or could it be something else?

D

Deleted member 14196

Use the memtest86 that he linked you to. Put it on a USB and boot off of it no windows involved in that way you can efficiently test your ram. What you’re looking for is four full passes with zero errors

BirdOfParadise

Prominent
Feb 22, 2021
I have run memtest86 and it went through 4 full loops with 0 errors. So ram doesnt appear to be an issue. I ran chkdsk /r and immeditly after it finished in crashed again with a critical process died.