Question Laptop not booting properly after restarts, it just completely shuts down ?

Oct 1, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I
hope you can help me with this issues. I will tell you specifically what is the problem. I'm using HP Elitebook 2570p with i7 3rd gen, 8GB of RAM, 500GB HDD and not having a battery.

This is the problem, It takes time to boot and if does not I will repeat these process, turn off the laptop, disconnect the AC adapter and disconnect the ram. In many case it will not boot until 10 minutes. But sometimes it boots, when it boots no "display" but there's some lights on, blinking light on capslack in keyboard area, and I heard the fan spinning fast. No display after all but does have a "power", It will take forever if I don't press the shutdown button. Else, there's some instances that the laptop seems good, but I know it's not feeling well. I felt some little ground (electricity) in its topcover when AC adapter is connected. Overall the condition is not good, infrequent boots.

Now this is the weird part, I noticed every time I installed a new program It won't let the laptop come back on after the "restart" option especially when prompt to restart. The only thing happens when restarting is no display, the light of power,browser,wifi LED indicators were all blinking for 1-2 seconds then dies. Basically speaking when it's bout to restart it will not comeback (not booting) just totally shutdown. I also tried in cmd: "shutdown/r" or by manually restart and It just directly shutdown I don't know why. That's only happens when to installed a new program or software. It's pissed me off, because since It's hard to boot. Does anyone has the same experience with HP laptops?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What you've explained in the post above is tell tale of;
a| a faulty or failing motherboard(power delivery to the components)
b| grounding issue
c| your ram is faulty or failing
d| your HDD might be giving up

What OS are you working with? Considering that this is an HP laptop, what BIOS version are you on? You should use the serial number on the laptop to narrow down the support page for your laptop and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for said laptop. As for your ram, are the two sticks of ram identical or are they mixed and matched? Might want to also give the laptop a good cleaning inside( the cooling vents) to remove any dust/debris build up.

Reactions: HurtsGhz
Oct 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What you've explained in the post above is tell tale of;
a| a faulty or failing motherboard(power delivery to the components)
b| grounding issue
c| your ram is faulty or failing
d| your HDD might be giving up

What OS are you working with? Considering that this is an HP laptop, what BIOS version are you on? You should use the serial number on the laptop to narrow down the support page for your laptop and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for said laptop. As for your ram, are the two sticks of ram identical or are they mixed and matched? Might want to also give the laptop a good cleaning inside( the cooling vents) to remove any dust/debris build up.
Sorry I forgot to specify that I'm using windows 8.1 pro. Yes I had the same brand of RAM both 4gb. BIOS version is up to date. In the HDD part, I got another HDD and I replaced it to test if it was the one who causes the problem, but seems it wasn't because the issue is still there hard to boot. Last night I boot on bios mode(f10) suddenly it hangs, any keys on keyboard doesn't work can't navigate, It hangs forever unless will shut it down, power off. Only hangs on bios mode.

TRENDING THREADS