Question Laptop not recognising USB headset, not installing drivers ?

ArchyP

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
I recently bought a new ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM laptop and when i try to plug in my Hyper X Cloud Alpha S with USB it does not recognise it at all, like no Windows prompt or anything. The small dongle thing gets power but the normal hyperx devices dont show up in device manager or in playback devices. I have done it all from uninstalling realtek audio etc nothing has worked. (the 3.5mm works just fine but i need the longer cable length provided by the usb adapter) The usb works with my pc and other laptops just fine.

I later connected a hp printer and no recognistion for that either until i manually installed drivers from their website. Im guessing there's an issue with my laptop not allowing or not being able to install drivers ?

Any help would be appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
Id' first check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Following that, make sure your OS is up to date. Once that's done, I'd manually install the chipset drivers for the laptop in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that revives the USB port's functionality.

uninstalling realtek audio
USB driven headsets do not use the audio chip on the laptop to process the sound, it's all happening off of the USB port/USB driven sound card.

ArchyP

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
Id' first check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Following that, make sure your OS is up to date. Once that's done, I'd manually install the chipset drivers for the laptop in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that revives the USB port's functionality.

uninstalling realtek audio
USB driven headsets do not use the audio chip on the laptop to process the sound, it's all happening off of the USB port/USB driven sound card.
Hey, so i checked my bios version and it is the latest i also installed the chipset drivers on the asus site as admin and then shutdown my laptop unplugged it and then turned it on again and also restarted onece more but no luck still wont recognise my thing. I saw someone post about SystemSetupInProgress in the reg editor and mine is on 0 as well.
However, I do have SetupSupported which is set to 1 in my setup folder not sure if thats important or not but thought id let you know incase it is.

Any other ideas as to why it may be doing this would be much appreciated.