[SOLVED] Laptop RAM Memory & SSD upgrade

RCosti

Commendable
Jun 6, 2017
Hello, i have a Lenovo Ideapad 320-15 ISK 80XH this one
I want to know if i can replace the HDD with a 240GB Kingston A400 SSD, and if it s possible to add 4 more GB. I researched a little bit and i think this one is compatible [ click ], because it s DDR4 and has 2133MHz like the one that i already got, but im not really sure.

Solution
And as I was double checking my work, I believe your laptop may have 4gb soldered into your system, allowing you to add a dimm memory stick. But you will have to double check. It supports 16gb of memory, but you would only be able to add a 8gb stick.

RCosti

Commendable
Jun 6, 2017
You can swap out the memory dim, but you can't add any more memory. It has only one dimm slot. You could use a sata ssd but it would have to be the same size of the hd it is replacing due to the limitation of space allocated for it. Along with putting a new os on the ssd.
Right, so i cannot upgrade my ram. Do you know if the A400 SATA SSD from Kingston is compatible with my laptop model? this one , the 2.5" one.

RCosti

Commendable
Jun 6, 2017
No that is a M2 ssd and I only see a sata plug. Your only option would be a sata 2.5" ssd, which is much faster than a hd in itself. Again it would have to be thin like the hd it is replacing.
Yes, but there are 2 form factor options for it, the first one is 2.5 " and the second is M2.
mWfllkP.jpg
Wouldnt choosing the 2.5" option be fine? Sorry for being a pain in the arse but im pretty confused xd. I dont really know many things about components at all.

Yes, but there are 2 form factor options for it, the first one is 2.5 " and the second is M2.
mWfllkP.jpg
Wouldnt choosing the 2.5" option be fine? Sorry for being a pain in the arse but im pretty confused xd. I dont really know many things about components at all.
M2 requires a special slot to be inserted in. A sata ssd square thing looks like a hd, only needs the sata cable that is already plugged in to your hd. Your laptop does not have a m2 slot.