[SOLVED] Last BIOS time suddenly over two minutes

Hubilidan

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
My PC used to boot up in about 10 seconds, but for a few months now it takes over 2 minutes every time. This happened suddenly and with seemingly no reason. The only thing I can think of was that this started during a time where I was having a lot of power cuts, but unsure if that's what made this happen. I've followed every tutorial I can find and have had no improvements to the time.

The delay happens during the bios splash screen, it'll stay on the screen just showing the logo for about 1 minute 30 seconds, then it shows the loading spinner under the logo for about 30 seconds, then the PC starts as normal.

PC specs:
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-76E1T0)
Asus PRIME Z390-P (Intel Z390) - 4xUSB 3.1/2xUSB 2.0
16GB 2666MHz (1x16GB)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - 8 GB - (PCI-E)
Intel i7 9700K - (8 x 3.6 GHZ - Turbo 8 x 4.9 GHZ) - Coffee Lake

Solution
The only thing I can think of was that this started during a time where I was having a lot of power cuts,
that would indicate that eh OS is corrupt to the point where your bootups are sluggish. I've had that happen to a client's system. The only solution out of that issue, is to reinstall the OS since any other tinkering under the hood will result in the OS going belly up.

I'd advise on fabricating your bootable USB installer for Windows 10, using Windows Media Creation Tools and then backup your critical data from the OS drive, then proceed to reinstall the OS. Make and model of your PSU in the build and how you're cooling that processor? BIOS version for that motherboard? In it's current state, it's a good idea to check...

Lutfij

Titan
The only thing I can think of was that this started during a time where I was having a lot of power cuts,
that would indicate that eh OS is corrupt to the point where your bootups are sluggish. I've had that happen to a client's system. The only solution out of that issue, is to reinstall the OS since any other tinkering under the hood will result in the OS going belly up.

I'd advise on fabricating your bootable USB installer for Windows 10, using Windows Media Creation Tools and then backup your critical data from the OS drive, then proceed to reinstall the OS. Make and model of your PSU in the build and how you're cooling that processor? BIOS version for that motherboard? In it's current state, it's a good idea to check and see if your Samsung SSD has any firmware updates.

Solution