[SOLVED] Lenovo i7 1TB HD, 16 GB Optane suddenly acting weird 100% Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2020
Watch the language
So, i got this Laptop about 10 months ago and past days (about 4 days) it started to do weird stuff.
It started by taking a lot in the loading loop at the start, then it would take about 10 mins in a black screen to finally show my username and password input. After I did it, everything seemed to be normal but everything took forever to open. Sometimes explorer.exe would crash and take about 2 mins to start over. it's super slow and sometimes the coursor gets stuck. Weird thing is that it has some lucid periods where it will function normally, i pass the coursor over things and reactions are normal. I opened the Task Manager to see Disk Usage and its at 100%. The fans are NOT even loud and my highest processes showing are System (0.2 MB/s), Registry (0.1 MB/s), and sometimes Firefox (0.2MB/s), i cant find whats causing this 100% disk things.

Here is a list of what ive actually tried.

1. Run the chkdsk, stuck at 22% for about 28 hours, (i read that it takes about 3 to 7 hours to complete) had to restart, this did not affect at all, laptop remained the same.
  2. Reseting the virtual memory, did nothing.
  3. Seek for win updates, found some, did nothing.
  4. Ran NOD32 and Malwarebytes and found nothing alarming.
  5. Tried to go back to a previous point, i have none to go back to.
  6. Restore by deleting everything but my files, stuck at "This wont take long" for about 5 hours.
  7. Uninstall newer things, nothing
  8. Update drivers and devices, nothing
  9. Restart 3 times to show the repair tool, got stuck for many hours. I am a patient guy but I know this was actually not working.
  10. Right now i am deactivating the Optane Memory, will run a defrag and reactivate again. But im sure it wont work.
I am seriously considering this might be a hardware issue, maybe some dropped it and never told me, or some electromagnetism Removed it up, cause i work a lot with a drawing tablet and usually leave the pen resting aside my laptop. I hope you guys can help me with this because at this moment my laptop is as usable being turned on than turned off. Cant even watch videos, they lag every 2 or 3 secs. Opening stuff takes many minutes. Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS