Lenovo Y 50 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidticknor

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hello, I was looking at buying a Lenovo Y50 laptop, it is the version with an i5 and 860m. It is currently on sale for around 870 dollars. I am wondering what anyone has to say about the Lenovo, if it is a good deal, if there is something better for the same price, etc.

Any general feedback is welcome! I was planning on ordering the laptop later today!

-I will be using it in college as I don't want to lug around my big, expensive, desktop. I would still want it to play general games, watch movies, and write papers.

Solution
A friend of mine has the i7 y50 with the 860M. Currently, he loves it and I've messed with it and it's pretty great production quality. The i5 is not significantly slower and for most games will work just fine, certainly won't notice the difference while watching movies and writing papers.

CraigN

Distinguished
A friend of mine has the i7 y50 with the 860M. Currently, he loves it and I've messed with it and it's pretty great production quality. The i5 is not significantly slower and for most games will work just fine, certainly won't notice the difference while watching movies and writing papers.

Solution

Spiderhiryu

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
I was looking into getting a Lenovo y50, and i just wanted to know if the i7 is worth shelling out the extra couple hundred dollars? I really only play wow on my pc and i know with warlords of dreanor and the new models its a little more demanding.

Rapajez

Distinguished
If we're comparing a i5 with the same speed i7, then the extra hundred dollars won't be worth it for WoW. You're only adding Hyperthreading, which is like having 8 "virtual" cores, while WoW is probably making use of 2 cores, max.

Those new models will be more demanding on your Graphics Card. If you have extra money, direct it toward a laptop with a 970 or 980M.

Status
Not open for further replies.