officialtejas

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
Hi, I recently started to begin to drop massive frames on the games I have. I have no clue what caused this but I used to be able to run games with ease but now, I see low performance and sometimes less than 60 fps. An example would be fortnite, where I used to get 120 FPS with ease but now fail to receive 60, only getting about 40-50. Can someone help? Is there any way I can increase fps in these games? Thank you.

Specs:
-8GB Ram
-Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ 2.5 GHz; Quad-core
-NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
-Windows 10

90% CPU usage
60% GPU usage
80% Memory (if that matters)
I'm not sure how to check the temperature of each so if you could please explain how to do so so I can provide that for you, thanks.
Download HWiNFO;
https://www.hwinfo.com/

Start it, click on sensors, let it run in the background while you do your thing, and it will monitor your temperatures. You'll see your max temperature in the long table that has a bunch of sensors.

officialtejas

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
Download HWiNFO;
https://www.hwinfo.com/

Start it, click on sensors, let it run in the background while you do your thing, and it will monitor your temperatures. You'll see your max temperature in the long table that has a bunch of sensors.

IN CELCIUS

Core 0 - highest temp was 90, lowest was 88
Core 1 - highest temp was 98, lowest was 94
Core 2 - highest temp was 87, lowest was 85
Core 3 - highest temp was 94, lowest was 89

Core 1 was the only core with thermal throttling

Yeah... Those temperatures are definitely way too high. The most likely thing right now is that your thermal paste has dried out and no longer conducts well..

For starters;
  1. Remove the heat sink
  2. Remove all the thermal paste on the CPU and the heatsink. You can use a cloth and rubbing alcohol for this.
  3. Apply new thermal paste. If you don't have thermal paste, buy it, and there are many guides online on how to apply it, how much and so on
  4. Install the heat sink
  5. Verify the heat sink fan is connected and working
  6. Try again and recheck your temperatures.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

TRENDING THREADS